About Last Night

Chapter 5: About Last Night

(Caspian's POV) 

I woke up with her wrapped around my arms in my white t-shirt, I looked down at her peacefully sleeping and tried to slide my way out of the bed. Thankfully she was still sound asleep, I pulled a sheet over her and went into the kitchen to cook her breakfast. Riley needs this a day to just not think and just be, and I need it too. I haven't been able to have a normal relationship with her, every time we were together it was ruined somehow. It was either baby mama drama or business and things just got in the way but now there is nothing in the way from us being together. I can give her my 100% because no one is forcing me to live a lie, I don't have responsibility to my imaginary daughter anymore. Last night was amazing it was just Riley and I, being us and together peacefully. 

Jasmine came home at 11 last night but she looked pissed so wherever she came back from it didn't go well. I started a pot of coffee and Jasmine came out in sweatpants and her hair all over the place, she sighed and said "Can you make me a cup." I smiled and poured her a cup and said "Either a bad hangover or a bad break up, which one?" She put her hands in her face and said "Both." I laughed and handed her a cup and said "Well I know all about relationships, wanna talk about it while I cook?" She looked over at the pots and pans and said "Depends... What are you cooking?" I smiled at her and said "Omelets and cinnamon pancakes, bacon and biscuits." She looked at me up and down and asked "You cook?" I looked down at the pan and quietly said "Uh yea my mom taught me." She walked over to and rubbed my back and said "Move out of the way and let me help you." I put my hands up as a sign of surrender and said "You make the omelet's I will make the pancakes, Riley loves the way I make them." Jasmine mocked me and cracked the egg on the stove, I started mixing the batter and said "So this break up.." She looked up at me and back down and said "It's not a break up, we never even were together. I don't even know if he likes me let alone if I like him.." I looked at her with suspension and said "Go on." 

Jasmine slugged her shoulders and continued "Well I went over his house last night and it was fun I mean we were just talking like normal, and we went for a swim and he went to grab towels and when he came back he was completely different. He disconnected and basically kicked me out." I looked at her and said "Ouch, sounds like he is either hiding something or he's just not into you." She laughed and said "That's what I am thinking, but I don't think I am in to him either." I titled my head and looked at her and bluntly said "I don't buy that for a second, if that were true it wouldn't bother you so much." Jasmine rolled her eyes and finished cooking.

---

I walked in the bedroom with a mini table with two plates, one with pancakes with whip cream and strawberries, bacon and two cups of orange juice. Riley had just woken up and her eyes sparkled when she saw me bringing her food, she smiled at me and said "Breakfast in bed?" I nodded my head and kissed her, she rubbed her hand on my cheek and said "I don't know how I would be without you, I love you." 

(Jasmine's POV) 

The doorbell rang and I yelled "I got it" so the two love birds wouldn't have to get out of the bed. I walked to the door and answered it, it was Allan. I was shocked briefly but then I snapped out of it and pushed him back outside and I followed behind him shutting the door so Caspian and Riley wouldn't notice him. I shut the door and went in the hallway and said "What are you doing here?" He looked at me and said "I wanted to talk about last night." I rolled my eyes and folded my arms and rudely said "Oh you mean how you kicked me out randomly?How you went from being nice and funny to a complete asshole?" He put his head down and looked back up at me and said "I am sorry, I got a phone call that really made me remember everything. When I was with you I forgot, I forgot about all the loss and the things that follow after but the moment I got that phone call it all came back in a wave. I know you didn't deserve to be treated that way and that's why I am here apologizing." 

I sighed and said "I guess we can be friends again, I am here for you I mean't that. When reality crashes in you can trust me, you don't have to hide that from me. You don't have to pretend that your not hurting, we all are." Allan looked down on the floor and said "I just, It's hard for me to adjust to this." I looked at him with concern and said "Adjust to what?" He looked back up at me and said "Freedom, I don't want to feel guilty for being happy about having it." I put my hand on his shoulder and said "There is nothing to feel guilty about." He sighed and said "Not yet.." 

---

(Caspian's POV)

Riley finished eating and let out a deep sigh and said "That was amazing, thank you." She kissed me and I said "Anything for my girl." She buried her head into my chest and said "Say that again." I repeated myself "Anything for my girl." She kissed me but it was interrupted by Jasmine and my father, I jumped and threw a blanket over Riley. Jasmine slapped her forehead and my dad quietly said "Caspian, Riley uh I got a call last night. They want us to come in and read your mothers will and your fathers. I know this is very soon, but they want everything settled and they want it done today."

Riley's whole demeanor changed, I had planned this whole day to help keep her mind off of everything and now this. I mean we just buried our parents and now we have to read what they left us, it almost feels selfish where is our time to grieve? I sighed and said "Okay, we will meet you there dad." My father looked down at his phone and said "Actually I was going to take Jasmine with me, to keep me company." I raised my eyebrow at him and suspicious said "Okay..."  Jasmine gave a nervous laugh and said "Just let me change into something a little more appropriate." 

He nodded his head and waited outside for Jasmine to return, I attempted to talk to Riley but she already went into the bathroom and locked the door behind her. I had just gotten her to be here with me and I had a feeling she would shut me out again. It's days like this, days where I lost a parent too but I can't grieve my mother because I am so focused on keeping everyone together. I lost a daughter, a friend and my mom and know I am on the brink of loosing my girlfriend. I have to take the weight of everyone else, and put my big boy pants on and act like i'm not hurting for the benefit of others....