Back To Reality

Chapter 15: Back to Reality 

(Caspian's POV) 

"Ahh" Riley and I both shouted, Riley got off top of me and fell to the bed. She kissed my cheek and said "I love you." I kissed her on the lips and said "I love you more." She laid her leg on top of mine and asked "What time is it?" I looked on my phone and said "It's 12." She jumped from the bed and said "No way, we couldn't have." She grabbed her mouth and continued "I have a staff meeting at 4 and it's going to take 3 hours to get back home." I groaned and said "Do you have to go, can't you cancel?" She laughed and said "No I can't and I believe you have a job as well." I sighed and said "I work at school remember? It's Saturday and my boss isn't crazy like yours." She rolled her eyes at me and hopped in the shower, I wanted to join her but I noticed five missed calls from Jaceyln. I clicked my voicemail and listened to all the messages.

"Hey babe, just checking in to make sure your safe. Love you!" 

"Baby I have a surprise for you when you get home, I know it was a turn around trip and I know you are probably tired but it will be worth it."

"Okay Caspian I am starting to worry, answer your phone please." 

"So your ignoring me now, did I do or say something wrong?"

"Please pick up Caspian." 

I sighed after I listened to the last voicemail, I felt guilty how could I have done this? I left Jaceyln at home so I could be with Riley, no matter how good it felt it still was wrong. I got out of bed and put my grey sweatpants and v-neck on, I grabbed my glasses and put them on and walked out of the bedroom. I knocked on the bathroom door and said "Come on Riley we have to go, I will be in the car." She turned the water off and mumbled "Okay be there in a few." I didn't feel like talking at all, I just wanted silence. The guilt started to pick at me the more I rehearsed Jaceyln's voicemail's in my head. 

Riley walked out of the house wearing a white sundress and her curly hair fell in her face. I looked away from her trying to avoid complementing her and making this situation worse. She got inside of the car and I didn't say one word to her the rest of the ride home.

-- 2 hours later

Riley walked behind me with her bags and asked "Is everything okay? You haven't said one word since this morning?" I cleared my throat and lied "I am fine, I am just not feeling well right now." She nodded her head and dropped it, we got to our apartments and I opened her door for her. Her apartment was dark, her curtains hid the sunlight. I set her bags in her bedroom, and I heard her yell out "Caspian can you please come to the living room." I walked in the living room and noticed the room illuminated by sunlight, and I also noticed a too familiar face sitting on the couch. 

I looked at the mature woman sitting on my couch and said in surprise "Mother?" She stood up from the couch and said "Follow me please, the both of you." Riley looked back at me with fear and confusion and followed my mother into my apartment. Before I could say anything I saw Jaceyln sitting at the dinner table, her hair was dyed blonde and she was dressed just like my mother. My mother was always proper and elegant, her blonde hair was always down and curled and she always had a blazer and a matching skirt. She hadn't aged one day since the last time I saw her, which was two years ago. I could go into detail about why I haven't seen my own mother in two months but I would rather see how this plays out. My mother motioned for Riley and I to sit down at the table as well, so we did. She was always stern so what she said even if we didn't agree, we did it. I looked over at Riley to try to communicate with her without saying anything but I couldn't, Riley was so scared to be put in this situation. My mother stared at me with a blank stare and coldly said "Now Caspian, I have let you live this life for two years. After your break up with Fiona, I agreed with you having a normal life for a while but it has gone to far. You have let Riley take you on a completely different path than what you were suppose to be on, and now I hear you lied to your girlfriend to be with her. You cheating this once will be forgiven, Jaceyln has agreed to overlook your betrayal but for something in exchange." Jaceyln looked at me and said "You will not see Riley anymore, you two can talk from time to time but you can not betray me again Caspian." My heart broke at the thought of not being able to be with Riley. I grabbed Riley's hand and said "No, I will not stop seeing Riley. I love her, I am in love with her and I always have been and I always will be." My mother laughed and said "You know your father said that to me about the maid he was sleeping with, all that love junk changed when he found out I was pregnant with you." Riley and I both looked confused, and Jaceyln interjected "I am pregnant Caspian, we are pregnant. I am having your baby." Riley ripped her hand away from mine and tears started to flood her big brown eyes, I was in shock I didn't know what to say and who to stick by. My mother wiped a tear away from Riley's face and said "Now Riley I have always thought of you as a daughter, hell I even took care of you when your mom left your father. I do love you Riley, but Caspian has a family now and you need to respect that." My mother turned her attention back to me and said "Now Caspian this ugly teacher job will not be able to sustain you and your family, and your father is getting ready to retire so you being his eldest son will take over the company. You will be the new face of Intercorp enterprises, you will take the company and have your brothers and sister help you build it up, re brand it. Of course in order to do that you will need to move back home to New York. Caspian at this point you really don't have a choice, come back home to start your new family with your family."  Jaceyln handed me the pregnancy test, and I saw it was positive. I despised everything about my life in Manhattan but I knew it was whats best for me and the mother of my unborn child, so I looked at my mother and said "Okay." Riley turned to me and said "You can't be serious? Caspian you hated your life in New York, you hated the way your family was. How could you go back to that?" I turned to her and said firmly "It's what I have to do Riley, and if you can't understand that then you aren't a real friend to begin with." Riley looked hurt by what I said, but the only way I could get through the decision I was making is by knowing she would hate me for making it. Riley got up from the table and said "If you want to destroy your life then by all means go ahead, but I am not going to watch you do it, so I guess that makes me a fake friend." Riley walked out the apartment and slammed the door. My grabbed my hand and said "Oh mistresses are so temperamental." I ripped my hand away from hers and said "She wasn't my mistress she was my best friend and I love her." My mom smiled and said "Your just like your father, it's good for business but horrible for relationships. Have your bags packed in the morning, we will be taking the private jet home." 

My mom walked to the door and said "Oh and Caspian, make sure you say goodbye to Riley. You don't want your baggage to follow you to New York, get out everything you need to because by morning you will have a future that does not include her."