Redemption

Chapter 16: Redemption 

*Note: This chapter is dedicated to Jasmine and Allan, so if you don't want to read about them feel free to skip this chapter. For all my Jasllan supporters you will love this chapter! Thank you for all the support!*

(Jasmine's POV)

It's been two weeks since Riley had her big episode and things have just been different, I could tell she was in a dark place but it wasn't like her first time. This time she snapped out of it and that gives me hope that she is starting to learn how to control herself, which means she is pushing past this whole situation. I haven't talked to Allan  much this week but we have scheduled to have lunch today, he says he misses me but I just don't know if I am ready to be with him completely. 

I don't want to punish him for Owens mistakes but it also is hard to just jump into a relationship after six years of hurt and pain. I suffered and lost myself in those years and I was the darkest version of myself and I don't ever what to be that person again. I was scared to speak, be myself, be confident and every chance I got to be me I was shut down. Owen stole my voice, he stole my identity and he stole my life..... 

I walked into the office building and saw Fiona and Caspian, we had our little small talk and we both went our separate ways. Fiona wasn't so bad, she actually was pretty cool and easy going. We got along very nice and she seemed to really keep Caspian focused on his goals for the company. She was good for this company and I would be a liar to say anything remotely opposite of that. I walked into my office and noticed a bouquet of flowers, I looked for a card but didn't see one. I smiled and smelled the fresh aurora coming from the white roses, which were my favorite. I sat down in my chair and called Allan to thank him. 

*Ring Ring*

Allan answered the phone in his groggy Italian accent "Ello?" I laughed on the other line and said "Are you just now waking up?" He let out a groan and said "Yes I was up all night working on the finances and things with the police about the on going case." I smiled just hearing his voice turned my stomach in knots, but the good kind. What were they called? Ahhh butterflies.... I cleared my throat and said "Well I am sorry to wake you up, but I just wanted to thank you for the white bouquet of roses. They are beautiful." I could hear him quietly talking to himself before he said "I didn't send any roses love, but I wish I did now." My brows furrowed in confusion and I said "Hmmm, they might not be meant for me then. Okay well I have to get back to work, but I will see you at 2?" He hummed and said "Yes Mi Amour." I hung up the phone and continued with my work, I looked at my computer and typed away with my speedy fingers..

***

I glanced up at the clock on my wall and jumped when I realized it was now "1:50" I sunk in my chair and said to myself "Crap I have to go." I sent my last email, grabbed my purse and fixed my make up in the mirror and left out of my office. I walked outside to grab a taxi's attention but I was in New York and it was always a task trying to get one. I cursed at myself for letting Riley use the car today, I started to walk towards the direction I was suppose to go in before I collided with a hard surface. I fell to my knee's not able to catch my fall, my purse fell on the ground with me too and I said "Ow." The man helped me up from the ground and picked up my belongings and handed them back to me. Not paying attention I grabbed them and said "Thank you sorry I am such a klutz." I finally looked up to match the gaze of not just a stranger, but of the man who put Riley and I in the hospital for two days. 

My body tensed in fear and suddenly throat was so dry it was on the verge of cracking, my first instinct was to run so I did. I turned around and ran away, but he chased after me and gently said "Jasmine please wait."  I looked around and realized there was nowhere else I could run too, now being backed up in an Alley. Tears flooded down my face as I looked at his tall frame towering over me, he had a full grown trimmed beard and his eyes still had that green sparkle to them. His hair was now shaved down and died black, his light skin was still the same. He didn't look bad he actually looked cleaned up, he was wearing a suit and tie, I gulped and my eyes were wide in fear and anticipation for the next seconds of my life. 

Owen looked at me and a tears fell down from his eyes, he cleared his throat and didn't even bother to wipe away his tears instead he looked straight at my eyes and said "I need to talk to you, Jasmine I know I don't deserve it but just give me five minutes. We can go to a very public place if it helps you." My hands were shaking in fear but reluctantly I said "Okay." He gestured for me to follow him and I slowly did, with every step I wanted to run but I knew that I needed to face him and I needed him to know how he ruined me.  We sat down at a table at Starbucks, he had a coffee in his hand and I had water to soothe my dry throat. He looked at me up and down and said "You look amazing." I rolled my eyes and sharply said "Get to the point you now have four minutes." 

Owen looked down at the ground embarrassed and said "I know that I was a monster, and I know that I broke you in ways that are unforgivable. Every day I am haunted by what I did to you, and how I hurt you and broke you emotionally and physically. What I did was evil and you never deserved any of it, and I will never make an excuse for it. I was in a dark place in life and I couldn't see that I needed help, so instead I made it worse by hurting you. For three years I put you through hell and I can't get those three years back no matter how badly I want to. No matter how badly I wanted to take it all back and fix it, I can't fix the past but I want to fix the present and the future. Jasmine the moment I put you in  the hospital I realized I had a serious problem and I needed help, that's why I went to rehab and therapy. My therapist helped me out of a dark spot and now I am better, I have been to anger management classes and meetings with others like me. I have made progress, and I am on medication that helps me not react the way I use to, and I know I have no right to ask this of you but do you think we could work things out? I know I problem will never earn your trust back but I just need to be in your life Jasmine, because life without you well it was miserable. I needed you and I still do. I guess I am asking for redemption, a second chance to show you I am not the same man I was two years ago." 

I was completely dumbfounded by Owen, I planned on making this big speech giving him a piece of my mind finally but his words just silenced me. I mean everything I could have said he covered, and apologized for and was already self aware. Before I could say anything I realized Allan was waiting for me and I already had been sitting her longer than I should have. I couldn't say much to him since my mind was racing a mile a minute, I was confused so all I said was "I have to go, Owen. I'll keep in touch." I got up from my seat and ran towards a taxi who just so conveniently by us and ready to be used, funny how when you need them they are never around until after the damage was done. 

I got inside the taxi, let out a deep breath and cried. I cried for the three years of hell, and for the two years of what could have been if I knew Owen was a changed man. I mean I loved him for six years and that just doesn't erase because I want it to, but I also was in love with a monster. But what if he wasn't a monster anymore? What if his medicine had been working along with all the other things he was doing to change? There were just too many what if's surfacing in my brain, so I closed my eyes and tried not to focus on him but it grew pointless. 

We arrived at the restaurant and I wiped my eyes before getting out of the taxi. Surprisingly Allan was waiting outside for me, he was dressed in a navy blue matching suit, his hair was slicked back in it's traditional side come over and he had a five o clock shadow that was just sexy. I smiled at him trying to distract him from the redness peeking through my eyes but he noticed it, his expression changed to worrisome and he walked over to me. He pulled me in his embrace and he asked in his heavy accent "What is wrong?" I looked up at him and just broke down, I fragmentary said "Ow... Owen. He.... He came to see me. We talked. Allan I am a mess." He held me tighter in his embrace and said "Let's go home." I nodded and let him walk me to his car, he opened my door and helped me inside the passenger seat. I could tell he was fuming inside that Owen had the audacity to see me but he was trying to hide his emotion towards it to comfort me. I looked over at him and he gently caressed my face and  said "Jasmine, You might be a mess but I am willingly to pick up the broken pieces and put them back together." 

Wow Fiona, Hayden and Owen are now back in the picture... What do you guys think? Comment your thoughts and predictions! Thank you for all the love and support, you guys mean a lot to me! I start college next week so I am going to try and finish this story  before then, and if I get enough positive response I am thinking about writing a book based off of Jasmine and Allan's love story. Let me know what you think about a book for those two! 

Love you all,

Kaela