Do The Right Thing

Chapter 35: Do The Right Thing 

(Jasmine's POV) 

I walked into the restaurant nervous, I had called Mr.Allan yesterday and let him know that it was urgent I spoke with him. He told me to meet him here at Pascal's Bar and Grill, because I told him we couldn't speak around his family especially his wife. I never have trusted that woman and I didn't need her corrupting the truth. I scanned the restaurant to see if I saw Caspian's father, I saw a middle aged man with salt and pepper hair and I knew it was him. He was sitting at a table outside in the patio area. I walked over to the table and joined him, he looked up at me and said in his accent "Jasmine, you grow prettier and prettier every time I see you." I smiled and said "Your not so bad yourself Mr.Allan." He laughed and said "It's Allan to you love."

I looked down at the water and took a sip before speaking "So I called you here because I heard something, and I knew out of anyone you were the one I could trust." Allan looked at me with concern and compassionately asked "What's troubling you love?"  I sighed and said "Jaceyln. She came to visit Riley after the accident, and Riley of course was medicated and was asleep but Jaceyln was still talking to her. Anyways when I was walking in I heard her tell Riley that she lied about everything, she said she lied about being pregnant to get Caspian to move to New York away from Riley. She also said when she moved here she really did get pregnant but it isn't Caspian's. She intends on letting everyone believe the lie and let Caspian marry her so she's trapped. She didn't see me in the room so she doesn't know that I heard her." 

Allan shifted in his seat in disbelief and questioned "Why would she do this to Caspian?" I shook my head and said "Honestly I don't know, all I know is she didn't want Riley and Caspian to be together and she was willingly to do whatever it takes to make that happen." Allan buried his face into his hands and let out a sigh, he said "This will break Caspian, he is so attached to being a father now I would hate to rip that away from him." I bit my lip and said "And Riley is so attached to him I would hate to rip that away from her over a lie." Allan downed the rest of his wine and said "I will handle it, I just have to think things through. Last time Caspian found out heartbreaking news he ran off to California for three years. I will not loose my son again, I just have to be smart about this."  I looked at him with concern and said "Well you better think fast because the wedding is less than two weeks away." 

---

(Riley's POV) 

I tip toed out of his room and into the hallway, he let me change into Jaceyln's clothes because mine were ruined by the rain last night. I was trying to sneak out of the house without anyone noticing me but everyone was running rapid with wedding plans. Looking at everything they were doing for this wedding made me want to barf, the thought of her getting to be with him in a marriage well it infuriated me. I know I know, you guys all wanted me to move on and forget Caspian the jerk but think about everything that has happened hasn't been either of our faults. After last night I realized that, we were both guilty for not fighting for each other but there wouldn't have been a fight if it wasn't for Jaceyln. 

Ever since she came into his life her main goal has been pushing me out of it, and I let her. I let everything convince me that he didn't love me, but he did and I knew it all along and I was waiting for some big expression of his love to me but the letter was that. No matter how hard Jaceyln tried to suppress his love for me it still always came out. Yes I know I sound head over hills in love right now but that isn't the case, last night I found out that he fought for me but that doesn't change the fact that Jaceyln is pregnant and that he has to marry her now. The letter didn't change the situation it just changed the way I viewed it. After last night we agreed on something, I was going to let him walk down the aisle with her and I was going to stay with Hayden. We both couldn't escape this but we both could come to terms with it. 

Yes I still loved him and yes he still loved me, but we both needed to do the right thing and that's what we were going to do. Before I made my grand escape Caspian woke up and walking into the hallway where I was hiding, he pulled me back in and said "I just wanted to say bye." He kissed me and I kissed him back and said "We said bye all last night remember?" He grabbed my hips and seductively said "Why don't you remind me?" I laughed and said "I have to go before anyone see's me, bye Caspian." He let go of me and watched as I escaped without anyone seeing me. Thankfully Jaceyln and his mom were on a weekend trip so all I had to worry about was Nadia and the maids catching me slip out of the door, which they didn't because I am a ninja! 

I walked to my car and got inside, I drove away as fast as I could but I could see Caspian staring at me through the window. I laughed and drove back to my apartment, I walked in the hallway and opened the door when Hayden came out of his apartment and said "Hey babe." I nervously smiled and said "Heeey." He raised his eyebrow and asked "You ok?" I laughed and answered low key "I am good, just took my happy pills today." I walked inside and he followed behind me and said "You sure because you have this glow on your face?" My eyes widen and I said  in a panic "Glow? Psssh what? I have no glow, I am just in a good mood ready for the day aren't you?" He smiled and said "Well come on let's go get some breakfast then." I smiled and said "Let me take a shower first." He looked at me up and down and questioned "But you have brand new clothes on?" I laughed it off and said "Yeah but I just want to shower, you know I am all sweaty." He smirked and said "Well let me join you." 

I gasped and said "No that's fine i'll come knock on your door when I am ready? K Bye!" I pushed him out of the doorway and shut the door before anything else could happen. I slid down the door and said to myself "Smooth Riley, smooth." I walked into my bedroom and turned the shower water on, I heard footsteps coming in the bathroom and Jasmine cleared her throat. I turned around to see her with her hand on her hip and her eyebrow raised, she pouted her lips and said "Why are you giving Hayden the cold shoulder and why are just now taking a shower at 11 am?" I nervously giggled and said "No reason, I just went for a little jog." Jasmine rolled her eyes and said "You can't run your still recovering." I laughed and let slip "You'd be surprised the things I thought I couldn't do but can." I slapped my forehead and she yelled "Oh no you didn't! Who did you spent all last night with?" My looked down at the floor and whined "Caspian, okay okay I know I acted like I didn't care about the letter but after reading it three times I had to see him." 

Jasmine smacked her forehead and said "Riley I didn't show you that so you could cheat on Hayden, I showed you so you could be honest with yourself and do the right thing." I fell on the bed and asked "What's the right thing everyone's talking about?" Jasmine laid down next to me and said "You either move on from Caspian knowing everything now or cut Hayden loose because he deserves better than you half way in and half way out." I sighed and said "I can't just break up Hayden without giving him a fair shot." She nodded her head yes and said "Regardless of if you and him are together Caspian is still getting married in two weeks, you got to move on or fight for who you want." I sighed and said "I thought I wanted Hayden, I was so certain after the accident but all it took was Caspian to write a freaking letter and all of the sudden that's questioned?" Jasmine grabbed my hand and said "Have you ever heard of the hero complex?" I shook my head no and she continued "It's basically when something bad happens to you and someone saves you, you gain temporary feelings for the person because in your eyes they were your hero." I bit down on my lip and whined "But Hayden is an amazing guy." Jasmine agreed and said "He is but what you have to answer is, is he THE guy." 

What do you guys think? Is Hayden THE guy? Riley caved so quickly to Caspian's attempt of fighting for her, I mean you can't control who has your heart no matter how many times you try to talk yourself out of it. The ball is in Pops court now, Caspian's future is literally in his hands but do you think he will do the right thing? Or will his own intentions cloud his judgement? Vote and comment while we enter the final chapters of Just Friends? 

-Kaela