I Don't Want Nobody Else But You

Chapter 31: I Don't Want Nobody Else But You 

(Hayden's POV) 

I ran down flight after flight of stairs, with her in my arms. I could fill my lungs giving out on me but I made her a promise, I would take my last breath before she ever had to. I was going to get her to the ambulance and I had to do it fast. I was coughing up blood but I still kept running, everyone was in a panic behind me. Jasmine and Caspian were trying their hardest to stay calm but they were freaking out and so was the rest of the office. I heard Kenny yell out behind me "We are almost done." Caspian looked at me and asked "Can you make it." I nodded my head trying not to reveal the fact that I was myself was falling short of breath.  I preserved and made it to the bottom floor, Caspian busted up the doors and I ran, I ran towards the double door where the AMR had just pulled up.  

I ran outside to the thunder and storm, and Caspian ran and got the men's attention. They brought out a stretcher and I placed her on it. The AMR guy asked "What happened?" I was feeling light headed, so I stumbled a little and the AMR guy said "get this guy inside too." They pushed Riley in the truck, and helped me inside as well. 

(Caspian's POV) 

One of the AMR guys put Hayden and Riley into the truck and the other one asked me "What Happened?"  I frantically answered "Lightening hit the building and those two were in the elevators, they fell ten floors and got trapped in the shaft and ran out of oxygen. A piece of the ceiling fell on her so she has a head injury." The AMR calmly asked me "How long has she been without oxygen?" I looked at Kenny and he answered "At least five to ten minutes." The AMR looked really concerned and he said "That's not good guys, follow us to the ER." They started up the truck with the flashing lights and sirens and speed off. Jasmine pulled up in a car and yelled "Get In Now!" I hopped inside and instructed Kenny "Stay and managed the situation, call Riley's dad and Hayden's mom." Kenny nodded his head and ran back inside the building, Jasmine sped off following the traveling ambulance. 

I looked at Jasmine who was balling her eyes and said "We aren't going to loose her." Jasmine wiped her face and said "I might not loose her but you lost her along time ago."  I shook my head and said "I don't  accept that." Jasmine slapped on the breaks stopping because of the red light and said "You have nothing to accept other than the fact that you have broken her heart over and over again, not only will you not be with her you won't let her be with anyone else. First Logan, now Hayden. Let her be Caspian, especially if you don't have the guts to stand up to your family for her." I shifted in my seat while crying, it hurt to hear everyone tell me the truth but there was something I could do about it. I could and I will fight for her, no matter what anyone else has to say about it.

*Six Hours Later* 

Alexandra was crying her eyes out while my sister Nadia was comforting her, now everyone's family has arrived. Hayden's mother and father were here, Riley's family and mine. When we first got here they immediately put Riley into surgery to see if they could first give her oxygen in enough time so she doesn't go brain dead, and then to see if they can repair her legs. They took Hayden into examination and immediately put him through surgery as well, his lungs didn't collapse like Riley's so he had a better chance of making it out okay.My father walked up to me as I stood next to the door desperately waiting for any nurse or doctor to give news, Pops stood next to me and just held me in his arms. I sighed in his chest and said "I can't loose her dad, I love her."  My father held me and said "I know son, we all do. We all do." 

*Two Hours Later* 

A nurse came out and walked straight to Riley's father and said "There were many complications with the surgery, she almost left us a few times but we pushed and pushed. She was determined she wasn't going anywhere, you have a very strong daughter. It will take her a while to fully be the same as she was before, but she's awake now. Just to warn you she's been through a lot so she is medicated." I sighed with relief and Hayden's mom asked the nurse "What about my boy." The nurse walked over to his family and said "He is just fine, Riley's lungs had given out before  the elevator did so he had a little more time before he would have died from suffocation. He is in recovery right now, being examined to make sure we didn't miss anything." Everyone sigh with relief yet again, Riley's father and Alexandra went in to visit her first and then Jasmine, and after that it was me.