Great Escape

Chapter 14: Great Escape 

(Riley's POV)

We drove and drove for hours, I knew we were going further and further from home which didn't bother me. I wanted to get away from everything holding us back and just be, even if it was just for a moment. I looked at Caspian and looked back at the open road and felt peace. I smiled and rested my feet on the dashboard and laid my head back, He grabbed my hand and said "that bottle of wine just got to you huh." I giggled and said "Maybe." He shook his head and said "We are almost there." I looked at him and whined "Where is there?" He laughed at me then poked my lip back into place and said "It's a surprise Riles, just trust me you will love it. I promise." I smiled at him and closed my eyes to rest for a little bit.

-----

2 hours earlier 

(Jaceyln's POV) 

I heard the door shut and I knew he was leaving, I got out of the bed and said to myself "First he vanishes from our party and now he is gone for the night." I walked to the window to see if he was still outside, I peaked through the curtains and saw him knocking on Riley's door. I was confused, what the hell could he be doing this late and with her? I peaked out a little more and saw Riley kiss Caspian, and Caspian grab her hand and her bags. I jumped out of the window and back into the apartment so they couldn't see me, tears started to flood my eyes. Why would he kiss her, and why would he take her bags. He wouldn't leave me for her and not even tell me would he? I ran back into the bathroom and stripped everything in the room to see if he left me any kind of explanation. After completely destroying the apartment I found a note that had fallen underneath the bed, I picked it up and read it. After reading the note I felt like a crazy person, maybe Riley just went with him to see his family they have always been close and maybe my eyes tricked me. I couldn't clearly see everything so maybe they weren't kissing. I laughed at myself and the unnecessary mess I made because of stupid paranoia and jealousy.  I grabbed my phone off of the dinner table and called Caspian's phone. 

*ring ring*

*ring ring* 

*The number you have dialed doesn't have a voicemail set up yet, goodbye.* 

He didn't answer the phone so I called Riley's instead, and I got the same response. I was starting to worry something bad had happened since they left so late at night, so I found Caspian's mothers number through a friend and decided to call it. This conversation was going to be weird because he never talks about his family, all I know is his mother's name is Meredith and his father's name is Allen. I called the phone and it rang twice before I heard an maturer voice answer "Hello?" I hesitantly said "Hello is this Mrs.Meredith?" The woman responded "Yes, may I ask who is calling so late in the evening." I thought to myself she talks to proper and elegant, I cleared my throat and answered her "This is Jaceyln, Caspian's girlfriend and I am so sorry to call so late but I was wondering if Caspian made it to your home safely. He isn't answering any of my calls so I got nervous for a second."  I heard the woman discussing something with someone else over the phone, she returned and said "I am sorry Jaceyln, but I haven't spoken to Caspian in two years and I am not aware of him visiting us." 

My voice cracked and I said "Oh, thank you sorry for wasting your time. Goodnight." I hung up the phone quickly and started crying my eyes out, I wasn't crazy everything I saw was true. He lied to me and left me for her, he left me for Riley. 

(Riley's POV) 

"Wake up princess." I heard a soft but deep voice whisper in my ear, I slowly opened my eyes and saw Caspian staring at me. I jumped and said "That's so creepy." He laughed and said "You snore in your sleep, is that why you never would let me sleep in the same room as you?" I hit his shoulder and said "Where are we?" He smiled and said "Stay right there." He got out of the car and came to my side and helped me out the car, once I got out I noticed the water and sand. I grabbed my mouth and said "Where at the beach bungalow we use to go to as kids?" He nodded his head yes and smiled at me. I turned to him and gave him a huge kiss, I pulled away and said "I haven't been here since I was 10." He grabbed my hand and said "I know follow me." I smiled and said "anywhere, any day and anytime." I followed him into the house, and dropped my bags into the master bedroom. I laughed and said "So this is what the master bedroom looked like, I remember we were never allowed to go in here so we always tried to peak inside when your mom wasn't looking but she always found us before we could." Caspian laughed and said "Now we don't have to peak anymore." He put the clothes up in the closet and showed me the room to it's entirety. I looked out on the balcony and the ocean was our backyard, I breathed in all the smells of people having bonfires and the ocean smell. I put my hands on the balcony railing and Caspian came behind me and wrapped his arms around my small waist. He dug his head into my neck and kissed it which drove me mad. I bite my lip and said "Caspian this is beautiful." He turned me around to face him and he looked me in the eyes and said "You are beautiful." I laughed and kissed him, he pushed me up against the railing and I wrapped my arms around his neck. I pulled away and said "No one's ever made me feel the way you make me feel." He smirked at me and kissed my neck, I wrapped my legs around him and he picked me up and walked us over to the bed with red satin sheets. He gently laid me down on the bed and then played "Alina Baraz, show me." I smiled at him and slowly unbuttoned his shirt, he kissed me and I ripped his shirt off of him. He pulled my tank top over my hair, revealing my black lace push up bra. He grabbed the side of my face and whispered to me "You are beautiful Riley." I smiled and we finished stripping each others close piece by piece. I flipped us over, and sat on top of him. He stared me in the eyes and I asked "What makes you happy?" He smiled and said "You do.",  then I asked "What's the most important thing in your life?" He grabbed the side of my face and said "You are." , I kissed him and asked "When will you stop loving me?"  Caspian replied "Never." I kissed him with an overwhelming amount of passion and I knew we both were in love, and we both wanted this. We were one, we were connected and no one could break that.