Double Date

Chapter Eight: Double Date

(Riley's POV)

For the past week I have spent almost every day with Logan, not only during work but after. He's cooked dinner for me at least three times this week, we workout every night and it's just been great. He's gotten to know my best friends Jasmine and Carmen, and tonight he will get to know the biggest challenge of all Caspian. Speaking of him, we have not talked at all. I have avoided him just as much as he has avoided me, but tonight I have to drop my pride for the good of everyone else. Caspian is my best friend, I have known him my whole left and whatever hump in our friendship we are growing through I know we can get passed it. He moved on, he has Jaceyln and they are happy and now it's my turn. Jaceyln deserves Caspian just like I deserve Logan, we all deserve happiness and that's what we all were going to get.

7:30 pm

I zipped the side of my dress up and stared at myself in the mirror to make sure everything looked perfect. I was wearing a turquoise blue halter dress that flared out at the bottom, clinging to my hips. My hair was straightened and pulled to the side, my make up was done but it looked natural. Everything thing was perfect and I had hopes that tonight everyone would get along perfect and Caspian and I can finally move on. The door bell ringed so I went to answer it and it was Caspian, he had on a tight fitting black long sleeve shirt and tight jeans. His hair was combed over to side and a couple of free hairs fell in his face, I moved them out of the way and said "What are you doing here." He rolled his eyes at me and said "Why the hell did you coordinate this?" I invited him in and said "Because, Caspian. We aren't the same anymore and I miss us, I miss my best friend. But I have to get use to my best friend having a girlfriend, just like you have to get use to me having a boyfriend. The only way we can get use to that is by being around each other, all of us together." He just stared at me blankly, he was back to that cold guy he use to be. He looked down at his shoes and said "Riley, I love Jaceyln. I love you too, but differently and if this is your way of getting over me then i'll do it. It's time we move on and go back to being who we were." He really thinks I am the one that needs to move on? I am sorry but I found him peeping out of the door while I was on a date, yet I am the one who needs to move on. Ugh boys are immature but men are worse! To avoid an argument I said "Okay, well go pick up Jaceyln and I will wait for Logan." He smiled at me and said "I really do love her Riley, I do." I wanted to slap the thought of her out of him so bad, but those two couldn't be my focus anymore. Logan's in my life now and Jaceyln isn't leaving, so if you can't be them join them.

(Caspian's POV)

I walked out of her apartment confused, if only it were easy. Is it even possible to truly love two people at once? I mean Jaceyln is gorgeous and independent, and so sure of herself. Her confidence in herself and her ability to hold her own is just captivating, but then there is Riley. Who I have known my entire life, the one person who knows me in and out, her optimism can give the worse person hope. She has such a free spirit, and she is who she is. She's smart and isn't scared to show it, she independent but dependent at the same time. Ugh I sighed while driving to Jaceyln's apartment, Riley moved on is what I kept trying to tell myself. She met her ideal prince charming, something she's been wanting her entire life. I finally got to Jaceyln's apartment and I knocked on the door. She opened the door and looked amazing, her hair was wavy. She had on a tight skirt and crop top on, if we didn't have to meet Riley and Logan we wouldn't have left the house. She kissed my cheek and said "I am excited to finally get to know Riley and her boy toy." I huffed and got inside the car, during the car ride I thought about the futures I would have with either Riley or Jaceyln. In that ride I knew I couldn't keep them both, I had to choose.

(Riley's POV)

We finally arrived at the restaurant which Logan picked out, it was a Mexican restaurant where you can dance. It was a fun upbeat environment, the salsa music played and people where everywhere dancing and enjoying food. We were seated at our table and Jaceyln and Caspian sat across from Logan and I. Jaceyln looked kind of revealing in my opinion, but maybe it's because at work she's trained to show her goods to keep people's attention. Jaceyln was eating chips and salsa when she said "So Logan, your Riley's co-worker? What do you do?" He smiled at me and said "I am the executive marketing director, Riley and I are working together to re brand the company." Logan grabbed my hand and smiled at me, and I could feel Caspian's eyes glaring at Logan and I could feel Jaceyln's eyes glaring at me because of it. Jaceyln sipped some wine and said "Well isn't that a little much for just an assistant?" Logan titled his head at Jaceyln and said "She's special." Caspian mumbled "Yes she is." He said it just loud enough for everyone to hear but not to fully understand, but I did and I think Jaceyln did. To redirect the attention I asked Jaceyln "So you work at Juices at night?" She smirked and said "Yes that's how Caspian and I met, but I am looking for a day job and I am thinking about going back to school." Logan interrupted "My family has connections, I could make a call and find something for you." She smiled and jumped with excitement, Caspian not so much. He wasn't there, he looked like he was mentally somewhere else. To bring him back into the conversation I asked "So Caspian how is work going?" He smiled and said "Just fine." Logan out of curiosity asked "What do you do Caspian?" Caspian looked at Logan and said "I am a construction manager, I oversee all the projects and manage all the contracts we have." Logan looked impressed and said "That's a lot of money, if you don't mind me asking why do you live in that tiny apartment." Caspian's tone and vibe changed, he shifted in his seat and said "For Riley." Logan and Jaceyln both looked confused, Caspian stared at me and looked off into space. Logan laughed and said "Well you won't have to for long." Caspian snapped out of it and Jaceyln said "Well yeah you guys can't be attached to the hip forever." I looked at her with irritation and I guess she caught the vibe I was giving off because she grabbed Caspian's hand and said "Let's go dancing." They walked off into the crowd and Logan and I followed behind them, I wanted to break the tension between everyone so hopefully dancing would do it. "Baliando by Enrique" played and the crowds of people went crazy, Logan grabbed me by the hips and started dancing with me. I could see Caspian closely watching us dance, even though he was dancing with Jaceyln his eyes were on me. The song came off and Caspian and I's favorite song came on. So we both looked at each other and abandoned our partners, he grabbed my hand and twirled me into his arms. I gasped and continued to follow his lead, we spent the rest of the song dancing our heart away and singing the lyrics to each other.

I had forgotten all about our dates, the song ended and Caspian dipped me. I looked him in the eyes and said "wow." My attention quickly shifted towards the door when I noticed Logan walking out of it....