Cold Hearted

Chapter 40: Cold Hearted 

The Finale Chapter....

(Riley's POV) 

Everyone sat down in the chairs, Jasmine sat right next to me holding my hand trying to comfort me from the enviable. The violin started to play light music while Mr.Allan and his wife walked in the chapel, they sat down in the front row. The twins walked in together and walked up to the front and stood, then came Hayden and Nadia, then Kenny and Jaceyln's friend from home Jessica. After they all took their positioned places , Caspian walked out in his all black tight fitting tux with a mint tie. His hair was slicked to the side in a comb over as usual but he looked different. He looked broken, I could feel it from where I was sitting. 

The music changed into the cliche wedding song as Jaceyln walked out by herself, her hair was pinned in an up do and she had a veil covering her face. She was wearing an ivory long mermaid dress that fit tight across her baby bump. It was strapless and with pink lace on the top of her dress, Caspian's expression when he saw her was blank. He was emotionless to her and the ceremony, he met him in the middle of the stage and the Minister began talking. He looked at Caspian and Jaceyln and said "Today we marry Caspian and Jaceyln and they become one, sharing each others fears, celebrating happy times and overcoming bad ones." Jaceyln held her stomach during the ministers speech and personally this whole thing made me want to barf. 

I started to zone out, but Jasmine hit me in the side to make me pay attention. I glared at her and she whispered in my ear "Everything will be okay." I rolled my eyes and continued to watch ceremony as it went on, guards were standing behind the minister because this was a celebrity wedding and they had to take security precautions. The minister looked at Caspian and said "Go ahead with your vows." Caspian looked back at me and our eyes connected for a second, he looked back and Jaceyln flipped her veil off of her face and said "Jaceyln you are a manipulative, insecure, bitter psychopath and I would rather die than marry you. You thought you could get away with tricking me into thinking that I am the father of your child but I know the truth now. The truth is Jaceyln nothing you could ever do would make me stop loving Riley." The whole crowd gasped in confusion including me, I got up from the aisle and walked towards him in shock. He continued "Riley I love you, honestly I have since we were in diapers. I am so sorry I let so many things like pleasing the world come between us. You are and will always be the one for me and no one can take that away from me or you. I can't live without you Riley." 

I walked closer to him and faster, we finally met and I said "I love you too Caspian, I always will." He kissed me and in the moment everything felt right, until I heard a clicking noise. We turned around to find Jaceyln hysterically crying with one of the security guards guns in her hand. Everyone panicked. She looked at me with so much hatred and yelled "This is all your fault! If you would have just left him alone and let us be we could be happy! I wouldn't of had to lie to him and do things I didn't want to. This is all your fault Riley!" Caspian put his arm in front of me slowly pushing me towards Hayden,  he yelled back at Jaceyln "No everything you did you are responsible for now put down the gun!" 

Jaceyln looked out of her mind, tears were flooding her eyes and she was shaking with anger. She pointed the gun at Caspian's mom and said "This was all your plan, you told me to lie about being pregnant and you told me to move us to New York. This was all your doing and now look . What do I have left? Nothing because of you, Caspian was my only family and you and Riley took him away from me." Caspian looked over at his mom who was now scared out of her mind, she tried walking closer to Caspian but he just stepped away. She reached out for him and said "Son believe me son, I did this for you. Everything I've done has been for you even if it was unorthodox. I loved you and I needed you to come back and be the man you were suppose to be and that wasn't going to happen if you were with Riley." 

Tears flooded my eyes and I yelled "This all happened because of you? You took advantaged of a broken girl just to get your son back?" I was infuriated, scared and hurt. Caspian was broken, he had tears in his eyes and he said in fragments "I.... I trusted you." Jaceyln screamed at the top of her lung and the first gun shot rang in the chapel. I looked down to see Caspian's mom shot in the chest, she was gasping for air and Caspian ran to her. He was screaming "MOM! Mom calm down, it's going to be okay I promise." He held her in his arms and she gasped and said "I am so sorry son, I thought I was doing whats best for you." Caspian's father ran to her and the second bullet went off, I looked to see who she shot and I screamed to the top of my lungs "CASPIAN."

 I ran towards him as fast as I could and Hayden ran for me too. I saw Jasmine running down at the corner of my eye and I heard the next bullet go off. I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw Jasmine fall down holding her stomach, I looked at Hayden in a panic and incoherently said "She shot Jasmine, Hayden she shot Jasmine and Caspian." I was gasping for air as I looked at the blood everywhere. All you could hear were screams and the sounds of bullets, I had enough of Jaceyln taking everything from me, she was going to pay. I turned around and ran straight towards Jaceyln. Hayden ran after me screaming "Riley stop." Jaceyln pulled back the gun and pressed her finger on the trigger one more time. Before the bullet hit me someone pushed me out of the way. 

Hayden threw my body to the side right when the bullet came for me, I flew to the side of the chapel and hit my head on the white column. I fell to the ground and looked at everyone on the ground bleeding. Someone walked closer to me and it was Jaceyln, she said "Goodbye Riley, finally you get what you deserve." The bullet went off and into my chest, I gasped in shock, barely able to breathe. Jaceyln ran away and  I saw someone run to me and it was my mom. She looked at me and said "Hold on Riley." She looked down on all the blood, my ivory dress was soaked red. I could barely speak, my father and Alex ran towards me. I let four words escape my mouth, "I love you guys...." I closed my eyes while they held me in her arms and all I could hear were the sounds of gun shots and them whispering "Everything will be okay, just hold on." Hearing those words gave me peace, but everything faded to black...

Well guys this is it, this is the end of the road for us and it ended in a blood bath. Jaceyln lost her mind and shot almost everyone important, Riley's mom came to stay by her side in her last moments. Hayden took a bullet for Riley and Jasmine and Caspian, well they just took a bullet... There is a sequel to this book and I am writing it now, you will see the chapters uploaded on this book, so check it out!

LOVE YOU ALL

-Kaela