All Eyes On You

Chapter 27: All Eyes On You

(Caspian's POV)

I woke up and looked at the clock that said "7:03" I got out of bed and before getting in the shower I mumbled "What is going on with my life." There was honestly no way out of this one, I choose Jaceyln publicly and in front of Riley even if none else knew about our past I did. I did feel forced but at the end of the day noone put a gun to my head telling me to say yes, I did to save Jaceyln the embarrassment and to not hear from my mother. It still didn't justify me saying yes in front of Riley, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she quit before even starting her first day of work. I wouldn't want to work for the man who broke my heart if I was her, so I would understand if she choose not to. No matter how hard and how much pain I was in, I still have to face my empolyee's today and I still had to carry on even if it meant faking being happy.

I got out of the shower and put my big boy pants on and got dressed. I wanted a relaxed work environment, I hated stuffy stiff businesses so I decided to wear a nice dress shirt and normal jeans. I wore my glasses that helped me see better, yes I am kinda blind without them. I didn't do much to my hair but leave it blown to the side in its come over.

I grabbed my brief case and was about to leave for work until Jaceyln woke up and said "Good morning future husband of mine." Hearing her say that made me want to cringe but I had a duty to my family and my daughter to deal with it regardless of how much I despised the idea of being a husband to that woman.

I walked over to her, kissed her belly and said "Good morning." I walked out of the room hoping to avoid any further small talk. Before leaving I went to see my pops who was outside sipping on wine enjoying the beautiful sunshine. I guess he heard me coming, he turned around and said "Off to your first day boss?" I laughed and said "I might be the boss now but you will never stop being first in command dad." My father walked over to me and put his hands on my shoulders and said "Son you can't think that way anymore, I can advise you but I can't lead the company anymore that's your job. I will be in later we are due for a chat." I nodded my head and walked away from the house and got inside my fire red Ferrari.

Driving to work I thought about how I was going to be able to be around Riley everyday now if she choose to stay and how I would handle the rejection if she left. I knew she deserved better than my love but I can't help what I feel for her. My feelings don't change my responsibility which is the issue, I can't just leave my child for Riley and it would be impossible to have a relationship with her after Jaceyln has sunk her claws into my family and into the media.

I arrived at work and walked into the huge 20 story building that said "Intercorp". I walked inside to the foyer and noticed a security guard and a receptionist. She looked new and nervous so I walked up to the geeky blonde and said "Is it your first day?" She giggled and meekly said "Is it that obvious?" I smiled and responded "Don't feel nervous, it's my first day too." I winked at her and she then realized who she was talking to, her eyes widen and she said "Oh my your Caspian? Can I.. Can I get you any water, coffee? Tea Maybe?" I laughed and said cooly "I am sure I can fetch my own but thank you. What is your name?" She giggled yet again revealing her nervousness and said "Christian" I shook her hand and said "Nice to meet you." Christian and the security guard exchanged a confused and shock expression and I pressed the elevator door to the 20th floor.

The doors opened and I walked inside the elevator patiently waiting to meet my staff, I promised myself I would make it my job to get to know everyone in this building from top to bottom. If I was going to lead people I would have to know the people I was leading first. That's what real leadership is about, building with people by your side not just by yourself.

I walked into the beautiful open building with a bunch of cubicals and some people had offices, I walked in every one and introduced myself personally. Ofcourse I went into Hayden's office first but he wasn't in there, right next to his office was a beautiful office but it was empty. I sighed and thought that must have been Riley's office, I guess I was right about her quitting. I shook everyone's hand and found out there jobs, I walked into the biggest office of all, mine..

It was opened every wall was closed except the window facing outside looking down on New York. My desk was right in front of that window, so I could look down on New York if I needed to disconnect. I walked straight inside I noticed someone was sitting the chair across the desk but I wasn't paying to much attention. I figured it was my new assistant, I walked straight to the window looking outside of it, I dropped my brief case and said "So I take it your my new assistant." I heard a very distinct voice answer "On the contrary." I turned around to see Riley sitting down across from my desk. I sat down in my chair in shock and said "Riley?" She looked around and sacastically said "Who else? What did you think just because your engaged I would quit my job and run away like a wounded puppy?" I laughed and then said "Well I am glad you didn't." Riley looked away from my gaze and said "Hayden is out on a coffee run right now, he was suppose to show me where my office is and things like that but she's gone so I guess it's your job now." I looked at Riley and she wasn't the same something was different, she was very blunt and serious. She wouldn't talk about anything personal, she didn't even question me about last night nor did I think she wanted me even bringing it up. But I did anyways, I reached for her hand and said "Riley I know you have questions and I have questions for you too. Go to lunch with me please, let me explain everything to you." Riley pulled her hand away from me, stood up from her seat and said "I get it I was a surprise, you have moved on with your life and I just show up. I get that but you don't have to explain anything just like I don't owe you any explanations. We are coworkers and it should and it will stay that way." She started walking away but I grabbed her hand and pulled her in close to me and said "Look into my eyes and listen to me Riley, no matter what anyone says you will always mean more to me then just a coworker."

Riley could barely look me in the eyes, while I searched hers for anything just a sign that she still cared, but I couldn't find one. Riley wiggled loose from my embrace and said "We are coworkers and we can be friends but that's as far as it will ever go Caspian. I've made up my mind and I suggest you do that as well. I can find someone else to help me get settled in if its too much for you."

I looked at her and firmly said "It's fine Riley, I will show you around." She smiled and said "Good, and maybe I will take your lunch offer but as friends." Ouch that hurt, so I get rejected and she's going to stay around so I'll have to sulk in it... I nodded my head trying to act unbothered and said "follow me."

I showed her around the office and introduced her to everyone on the floor which was funny considering I just met them all myself. I opened her office and it looked almost exactly like my office, I knew it was my dads doing making her office resemble mine. I watched as she strutted around in her new office, she giggled and said with power "This is all mine." Stretching her arms around walking around her whole office. She looked sexy in her all black tight dress hugging her curves and her hair was slicked back into a pony tail revealing her prominent bone structure.

I walked up behind her and watched as she started moving her stuff in, this just friends thing was going to be hard. Very hard...

Hey guys my internet went down so I had to write this chapter on my phone so excuse the errors if you see them! Also comment what you think about how Riley is handling things and how Caspian is handling her!! Love you guys 😘