When It Rains, It Thunders & When It Thunders It Storms

Chapter 30: When It Rains,It Thunders & When It Thunders It Storms...

(Riley's POV) 

I walked in the building protected by an umbrella Hayden gave me for Jasmine and I to use. We got inside and shook off all of the water drops off the wet umbrella and Jasmine said "Thank God for Hayden, without him we would have been soaked." I smiled and said "Yeah we owe him big time for this." Jasmine flashed me and crooked smile, pointed at me and said "Uh no boo, you owe him big time." I shook my head and said "He helped both of us out. Not everything is about me." Jasmine pouted her lips and said "Fine we will test it out, if Hayden doesn't have a thing for you he will say yes when I ask him out for a drink." My eyes widen and I hesitantly said "Wait, why would you do that?" Jasmine titled her head and smirked at me, she rolled her eyes and said "I knew it! You have a thing for him too right?" I bite my bottom lip and explained "Okay i would be lying if I said I wasn't attracted to him, because I am I think every girl is in the office. Between Caspian and Hayden all the women are googly eyed and legs wide open." Jasmine started to tease me and I pointed my finger in her face and said "But that doesn't mean I like him, that just means there's an attraction there." 

Jasmine clicked our floor level and we got inside the elevator doors and she quietly said "You just won't let yourself like him, I think you do but if you like him that means your letting go of Caspian and both of those are two realities you aren't prepared to face." I sighed and said "I hate you." Jasmine said "Pssh girl you would be hot mess express without me." I laughed and said "This is true, now time for work. I'll see you later."

She walked into her cubical and I walked in my office to see a single rose and my favorite red velvet cupcakes from the bakery I have grown to love that's right next to my apartment building. I smelled the rose and opened the box of cupcakes and said "Somebody loves me!" I did the happy dance and read the card. 

"Thanks for being a great employee, you are appreciated." - Caspian

I was surprised by this, I've been here for a month and a half now and he hasn't really shown any emotion towards me working for him. I mean his father is overjoyed and his siblings are to but his mom and Jaceyln despise me and my position here, so I never really knew where he stood. I finished up my cupcake and walked into his office, he was typing away on his computer when I walked over next to him and said "Thanks for the cupcakes and the rose." Caspian looked up at me smiled and said "You have the remnants of it on your face." I shyly laughed and he stood up and wiped away the icing. He stared at me in the eyes and said "I mean't it, I am happy you are here in New York working with me." I smiled at him and said "So am I, I was worried that I would miss California but I don't. This is my home, and I really missed it." Caspian rubbed the side of my face and before anything else could be said his assistant Macy walked in. 

She swayed her tiny little hips over to us and rudely said "Riley can you leave, I have some things I need to discuss with him." I titled my head and said "Okay, I have to go share the cupcakes with Hayden and Jasmine anyways." I said that spitefully because I knew the cheeky blonde had a thing for both Caspian and Hayden, She has been intimidated by me ever since I walked through the day my first day. Macy huffed and turned her head away from me as I was walking out of his office. I grabbed the box of cupcakes and gave one to Jasmine while she was in Hayden's office. She was sitting on his office showing him a little leg action, I walked in and sat down opening the box of cupcakes when Jasmine seductively asked "So Hayden, I know your single and all these girls are crawling to date you why haven't you gone through the field?" My eyes widen in shock because I knew where Jaz was taking this, Hayden quickly responded "Because none of those girls have sparked my interest." Hayden was staring straight at me while he was saying that, meanwhile I was scarfing down another cupcake. Jasmine smirked at him and said "Well then will you go out to drink with me? Who knows maybe I can spark your interest."