Fated Attraction

Chapter 28: Fated Attraction

(Riley's POV) 

2 weeks later 

I looked at Hayden standing over me sighed and said "You know you don't have to stand over my shoulder, I am a big girl you can't protect me from every time Caspian so frequently walks by. He and I are on good terms Hayden, I promise." Hayden laughed at me and sat down in the chair across from my desk and said "Okay okay, just after you told me everything I wanted to make sure he knew he couldn't just slide his way back in, he would have to get through me first. You don't deserve to be hurt like that again." I smirked at his concern and sarcastically said "So technically your peeing on me?" Hayden's eyes widen and he said "Uh what? Peeing on you?" I laughed and explained "Not in literal terms, it means like marking your territory to other men. Letting them know who is off limits, but you don't have to worry I am a big girl and Caspian understands that we will never be together. He has a responsibility to his family and I have a responsibility to myself." 

Hayden chuckled and said "Okay Riley, let's not take this to dog terms I get it I will back off." He got up from the chair, kissed my cheek and walked out of my office door. Not even two minutes later Jasmine weaseled her way into my office, she strutted in my office sat down with her legs crossed and her brow raised at me in a suspicious manor. I looked up at her and curiously asked "Why are you looking so cheeky? Did you just get a quickie in the bathroom with Kenny?" Jasmine scrunched her face in disgust and sounding offended said "Excuse you heifer! I would never be caught dead with Kenny, he like eye rapes me every time I walk into the office and come out of the bathroom. I wanna call human resources on his behind, I came in here because these past two weeks Hayden has been in this very office everyday. He should just put his office in here as much as he has been in here, and I can't help but notice Caspian walking by every five minutes watching you and Hayden like a hawk." 

I scuffed and rolled my eyes and Jasmine said with her attitude "You can roll them eyes all  you want sweetheart but that doesn't change the fact that Caspian is acting like he's okay with you two being strictly platonic while Hayden is playing rebound boy trying to lick your wounded heart." I laughed and asked "Why is everyone including me using dog terms today? Hayden is just trying to protect me just like you do, and Caspian is more than okay with us being friends he is engaged and he seems to be happy about marrying that demented girl." Jasmine rolled her eyes and clicked her tongue and firmly said "Girl you are on cloud 9 if you think both of those guys just want to be your friend. Hayden has a thing for you and so does Caspian. Caspian is just bound to his family but Hayden isn't and I am guessing he is patiently waiting for you to see it." 

I looked over to the side in Hayden's office and tried not to jump to conclusions, I didn't want to assume i'm hot stuff and he is just wanting to be with me when he could just be trying to be a good friend. I bite my lip and said "I think you just make things up because you want it to happen so badly Jaz." Jasmine laughed at me and quickly said "Girl no I don't, I would love to have Hayden protecting me from the big bad Caspian wolf. Not all of us are lucky to have someone willingly to spend his days at your beckoning call." I sunk in my chair and said "Well I have to go to lunch with Caspian, we are suppose to be discussing a new launch for our website." Jasmine looked at me up and down and said "You are blind but I can see. Pay attention and you will see what I am talking about." I stood up and before she left she threw her hands up in the air and forming quotation marks with her fingers, she said "Have fun on your lunch." 

I rolled my eyes and walked into Caspian's office, he was on a phone call so I just  stood in the door way waiting for him to finish up. I heard Caspian say over the phone "Okay, Okay I will be there in a second. Calm down. Bye." I cleared my throat to let him know I was in his office and he turned around and said "Riley, I am sorry I didn't know you were here." I half way smiled and said "We can reschedule if you need." Caspian walked over to me and said "No need for that, we just have to make a quick stop before we go to the restaurant. My father will be joining us as well." I nodded my head and followed him out of the building.