Forever Broken Promise

Revenge of the Celestial Mage
Chapter 70: Forever Broken Promise

(A/N: There will be a ZeLu lemon in this. So read at your own risk! Arigatō na!)

Lucy, Natsu and Happy all found their members but Laxus tells Lucy something that she nor the guild saw coming.

"Lu...I have to tell you something. It's about Gramps. He...died just 3 months ago. Of a heart attack." The Stellar Mage collapsed on her knees and sobbed heavily.

"Gramps! No! Why didn't you say goodbye?!"

Natsu tries to comfort her but she pushes him away. "Lucy, I-"

"Just forget it! I have more important things to do." She turns on her heel and storms off with tears endlessly streaming.

Lucy's P.O.V

Why did this have to happen now? Why didn't Laxus tell me earlier? Was I too busy with work?

I guess so. It did take me by surprise. "Gramps, I love you. I'll miss you. Please watch over me, Laxus, Roxy and Naomi. We promise to be on our best behavior."

Aishiteimasu, Jii-chan! I miss you already!

Time Skip: 5 months later...

It's been 5 months since I found out Gramps died. Natsu knows I'm not over his death yet.

So, to cheer me up, Natsu invited to take me out on a job and fight some magic armed bandits robbing some banks.

They spotted us. Natsu and I were low on power and decided to run. I tried to summon my new dragon keys and they wouldn't open. Why? Well, here's how I got them.

~Flashback~

Once I finished training my Ice, Fire, Holy, Shadow, and Solar Dragon Slaying magic, I was given 10 new dragon keys. Dragons who were recently coronated as official dragons of the realm.

The dragons were: Supernova, Double Flame, Gravity, Time, Space, Event, Death, Blood, Winter, and Apocalypse.

I summoned five of them. Only five. I forgot the rest of them. So they might be mad at me. I hope they don't.

~Flashback Ends~

So that's what happened. Now, I could really use their help but I tried to stop them by summoning one of my new dragon keys that I never got the chance to create a contract with because I kept forgetting.

Shame on me. (Author: Tsk Tsk, Lucy)

"I Open Thee! Gate of the Time Dragon! Timeo!"

No P.O.V

"What's wrong Luce?" Natsu asked. "My keys, the gates won't open." Suddenly a large wave of beach sand looms over the two Fairy Tail mages and crashes down. Both surface coughing up beach sand, desperately gasping for air.

Lucy's P.O.V

"Well, well, well. If it isn't the wizard who never set us up with a contract." I look up and spot the dragons who I was planning to contract with but unfortunately never got the chance to because of my stupid rent.