Natsu's Flaming Fury

Revenge of the Celestial Mage
Chapter 71: Natsu's Flaming Fury

Nura, Lucy's exceed hasn't been feeling well lately.

"Wendy-san, I want you to fetch Lucy right now. Please! I need her here. I have to tell her this."

Lucy was the only one who hasn't been told about Nura's illness. Evidently, Nura has a respiratory problem and she doesn't have much longer to live. She typically shortened her life span after healing Lucy in the first battle with Tartaros.

"Nura...I can't get in touch with her. It seems she's not in Earthland." She sighs. "Let me die here, ok? I want to be left undisturbed." I nodded.

"I understand, Nura. Do you want Pantherlily to come in?" She nods. "Lily! Please come up here now. Nura wants you!"

Pantherlily walks in with a sad look on his face.

"Nura...please don't die on me." He says holding her paw tightly. "I'm sorry, Lily. I regret every single thing that I did for Lucy. Especially healing her. That was bad idea on my part." He shook his head vigorously.

"No! You tried to save her! You did but...then again, you did give up half your life for her to be resurrected." He lays his head on my chest. The two of us embrace each other one last time.

"I love you, Lily!" Nura says. "I love you too! Take care of yourself. Goodbye...Nura." Lily had tears stream down his face.

With that, Nura started glowing along with a small breeze that makes Nura disappear into the night sky. "I'll watch over you forever."

Those final words were the last of her. It reminded me when I first joined Fairy Tail from Cait Shelter.

Master Robaul. Pepo. Minna.

Lucy's P.O.V

"Bye babe! I'll come back soon!" I say to Zeref. I peck him on the lips one last time and go back to Earthland through. "Can you turn the dragons back to normal?" He nods. "I did keep my word, so your wish is my command."

I smiled then waved goodbye and walked through the portal. I am standing in front of Fairy Tail and I walk through the guild doors.

"Lucy/Nalani! You're home!" They hollered.

"Master Gildarts, is there something wrong?" I spotted him sitting at the bar, a cup of booze in hand, with a sad look on his face. He looked at me. "Miss Lucy, there is something you should know..."

Mira walked up to me with a look of sorrow. She
handed me a letter. It was from Nura.

Lucy,

If you're reading this letter right now, I'm in heaven. I'm sorry I never got to tell you about my illness. I miss you! Take care of Fairy Tail and everyone there for me. I'm sorry for leaving you so suddenly, please take care of yourself.

Love, Nura

P.S In exchange for how appreciated I feel when with you, here's an exceed who will live longer than me. She possesses much more power than me.

She uses tons of highly advanced Animal Transformation magic, and you can name her whatever you desire. Take care of her for me. I love you and Fairy Tail. I'll miss you and never forget me.

I collapsed on my knees. "Nura! No! Come back to me! Please! I'm sorry for leaving you! I never noticed how you felt! Please forgive me!"

Natsu's P.O.V