Chapter Eleven

She slumped her body against a wall while the others went to find a sensei to report and submit their scroll. Every inch of her body was screaming in agony yet all she felt was numbness. Drawing her knees up, she then rested her head down, letting her hands wrapped itself securely around her legs.

How long had it been since she was left alone, to her thoughts.
An hour? A few minutes? A mere second?
It didn't matter, since no matter how long it lasted, her thoughts would always wandered to her family.

Soft footsteps echoed in the empty hallway, but Hanami chose to ignore it. After all, she was too tired to even do anything. Tilting her head to the side, she had to at least see who it was.

A familiar red head with his arms folded continued to walk towards her and stopped in front.

Silence engulfed them. It wasn't awkward or creepy. Neither spoke nor acknowledge each other either. When a few other footsteps were heard, the male's lips parted before proceeding to wherever his destination was.

"Ne Hana-chan! Are you okay?"
Naruto bend down to her level, making eye contact to make sure she heard him.

He was about to reach for her forehead when a hand shot out and stopped him. It grabbed onto Hanami's arm gently, pulling her forward while her body willingly let the source do whatever it was going to do.

She then felt herself leaning against something warm, but she was too tired, and her vision was getting blurry. In the end, she decided to embrace the warmness of that person and fell into a light slumber. All she could remember was those words she never wanted to hear.

"Let's go and find a room to rest before the next exam start. We were all worn out from the last fight." Sasuke explained while the others agreed.

When they reached a vacant room, he laid Hanami down on the bed while Naruto made himself comfortable on a chair, falling asleep almost immediately. Sakura, had her back against the opposite wall as she too, closed her eyes and rested.

Sasuke sat next to the bed, his back against the bedside. Soon, it was nightfall, and tomorrow would definitely means the start of the last exam.

"..."
Soft groans escaped Hanami's lips, her fingers rubbed against her eyes while a yawn was heard from her next.

A smile tugged the corner of her lips when she saw the familiar jet-black hair in front of her. Reaching out, she lightly played with Sasuke's hair, it's locks gracefully twirling around her fingers.

Suddenly, the hair moved, and she found herself staring into two onyx pair of eyes.
Seating up, she motioned for him to follow, while they quietly slipped away from the room and towards the roof.

"Well, I believe you owe me some explanation." She huffed, waiting for him to settle down next to her.

Her eyes caught sight of the markings on his lower neck, and she couldn't help tracing it with her fingers.

"What happened, Sasuke?"

// flashback //

Naruto went to take a leak but came back fully reciting the codeword they had discussed a few minutes ago. Everyone knew he was a fake so Sasuke attacked the guy by throwing a kunai, though the enemy easily dodged. After all, Naruto would never be able to remember the codeword down to the last letter.

Naruto then changed to a female ninja from the hidden village of the grass. She smirked as she took out her 'earth' scroll.
"You want my earth scroll right? Since you have the heaven scroll..."

However, she swallowed it with a long tongue and smirked devilishly.

"Now let's begin, the battle for each other's scroll-"