Chapter 1

Ashley's Pov.

Today we're having a big get together with my 'uncles' Michael, Luke, Calum their wives and their kids. Its something we do once a month so everyone can catch up even though all of us live in the same neighborhood. So we take turns every month to host a BBQ this month its my family who is hosting. I'm not related to Michael, Luke or Calum in anyway but they've been here since I was born and they are like brothers to my Dad, so I call them my uncles even though there's no relation.

I was in my bedroom getting ready when their was a  on my door.

" Ashley baby its me." I heard the soft voice of my Dad.

" Come in." I said as I was pulling my hair into a messy bun. I heard the door open and looked over and saw my Dad smiling at me, as he sat down on my bed.

" You look nice baby." Dad complemented and I smiled at him.

" Thanks Dad...what brings you here." I asked as I put my makeup away in its drawers.

" Your mum needs help in the kitchen, Penny's being fussy and she needs you to watch the pots when I'm out barbecuing." He smiled and I nodded.

" Okay...Is Ethan helping you out with the barbecuing?" I asked as I walked over to the door with Dad.

" Yeah he is...i'll come back in, in a few minutes and check on you if you need any help just yell for me." Dad said as we walked into the kitchen, I saw 4 pots on the stove and that something was in the oven.

" I should be alright." I sighed and sat down at the breakfast bar that directly faces the stove.

" Thanks so much baby...you just have to make sure nothing boils over or gets burnt." He smiled and kissed my head before leaving to the patio door which led to the barbecue.

" No problem." I smiled as he left the room.

From where I was sat I could hear what my Dad and brother were saying and I could hear the giggles of Penny coming from the lounge room, I could also hear mum groaning and chasing after Penny. I just laughed and turned my attention to the stove. It smells really good in here maybe I should stir something.

I picked up the spoon and stirred what looked like pasta sauce. I stirred it and set the spoon down. But apparently I touched the element and burned the palm of my hand.

" Fuck!!!" I screamed in pain.

I looked over to the patio door and saw my brother and Dad rushing in, I also heard my mum and sister coming in as well. I gripped my hand as tears started to cascade down my face. My Dad rushed over to me with a worried expression.

" What happened? Are you hurt? Whats wrong with your hand?" He asked as he took my hand but I still gripped it tightly with my other.

" My hand really hurts Dad." I whimpered and he removed my other hand from it. He looked at it and frowned. He brought me over to the kitchen sink and turned the cold water on.

" Baby you need to put your hand under the water. I'm not going to lie its going to hurt." He said with a sympathetic smile. 

I nodded and he brought my hand towards the tap, but before he put it under Ethan grabbed my free hand and gave me a reassuring look.

" Just squeeze my hand." He smiled and I nodded.

My Dad brought my hand under the water and held it their. I screamed in pain and squeezed my brothers hand as tight as I could. My Dad held my hand under the water for a few minutes and the stinging went away slightly making the pain more bearable. Dad gently dried my hand with a dishcloth and put some aloe vera gel on it. He then put some antibiotic cream on it and bandaged it loosely but tight enough to make sure it doesn't fall off my hand. Everyone gave me a sympathetic gaze and Penny came over to me.