CAUGHT OFF GUARD: CHAPTER THREE

Start from the beginning

"Oh no, me and her are just friends plus shes not my type"

"Well who do you like? In a school of 1000 people there must be one". I started to get really hot. I could feel tingles going down my spin and I started to get light headed. I also knew he was staring at me probably smiling while I squirmed under pressure."There might be" I said quickly.

"Come on who is she" he said while slugging my arm. My face was now on fire and I thought I might burst in flames if I held it in any longer. I opened my mouth to speak but right when I was about to say Cole's name he spoke 

 "this is my house"

He lived in a good neighborhood, on the good side of town, where nothing seemed to go wrong. The cars were all polished and gleaming. The lawns were all fresh and perfectly trimmed, making me wonder if anyone ever played on them.

The neighborhood should have been littered with kids trying to milk the last rays of sunshine out before they went inside, but nobody was there.

As we pulled into the garage, I became aware that his parents were home. We got out the car and as I grabbed my book bag out the back seat, I realized I was scared. I mean what were they going to say about me? I mean their golden boy coming in the house with some feminine boy who swishes when he walks.

As Cole was grabbing his own book bag, he looked at me. "Something wrong?" Cole said looking away from his own black and grey backpack.

"Ummm oh no why?" I said looking back down.

"Ohh its just.... it looks like you're worried".

I could hardly believe how he was able to read my emotions and thoughts, but I brushed it off with a shrug. We came in and hung our coats up on the wall. "Come in and I'll introduce you to my parents" He said. "Mom, dad you in here?" he said, leaning into the living room.

I followed him and notice his mom sitting on the far edge of an all white sofa watching real housewives of Orange County. A handsome middle age man (Cole's dad), sat in the corner of the room on a comfortable recliner texting someone.

When we came in, they both looked up and his mom smiled.

"Hey you guys you must be the tutor we asked our boy to get". I smiled back and nodded nervously while Cole's dad got up from the chair and walked towards me extending his hand.

"Nice to meet yooouuu..........." he trailed off.

"Khalil. My names Khalil" I said repeating myself.

"Ohh well nice to meet you Khalil. I'm Lawrence and this Janet and I just wanna thank you for helping our boy with his history work Now I don't wanna take too much of your time, so how bout you guys get right down to it and start studying?".

I followed Cole down to the main entrance into an enormous room. I wondered If It was another living room but I didn't see a TV. Everything was so clean and dust free. 

 I bet the couch alone cost more than my moms car

Cole walked across the room stopped in front of a door. I followed him unsure of what I should do next or how to make myself seem comfortable but not too comfortable.He opened a door and started to descend some stairs. I kinda just stayed behind realizing that in a few moments I was actually going to go inside of Cole Manning's bedroom. The same place he went to sleep at night. The same place he got dress in the morning. The same place....

 "Ayyye, Khalil are you gonna come in?" he asked from a distance.

"Yeah here I come"