I wiped the tears from her cheeks. "Baby I promise that will never hurt you."

"The uh, the rain's letting up." She started the truck again.

I wanted to say something about how she completely ignored my promise, but my phone started ringing. I pulled it out of my pocket and answered.

"Irwin."

"Mr. Irwin, it's Nicole. My flight today was cancelled. It's delayed until tomorrow. I hope that's okay."

"That's fine. I'll see you then." I said and hung up.

"Put your seatbelt on." She mumbled as she pulled onto the road again.

"Lily, I've been meaning to tell you something that I've been thinking about for a few weeks."

"What?"

"Whenever you were in the hospital, I was talking to your mum and she said how much she missed having you home, so I came up with a plan."

"Mhm." Her eyes stayed focused on the road.

"I'm gonna start buying businesses around here, and we can come out here every month or so to check up on things. That's if you still want to work with me."

"I think I could find some businesses that are interested in selling."

"Does that mean that you'll still work with me?"

"Yeah. I like working for Irwin Inc.." She said. "If there is one, can I have a different office?"

"Of course. Anything else?"

"Can we not act like a couple while we're at work? Everybody probably already knows about us, but I don't want to be pegged as the office whore."

"I'll try my best." I sighed. "But if you wear the heels with the bows, I make no promises."

"Why do you like those so much?"

I bit my lip as I imagined her in them.

"They make your legs look so long and beautiful, and I just want my face in between them."

"Oh my god!" She gasped.

I laughed. "You wanted to know why I liked them."

"I don't understand how you go from extremely sexy to a giggly ball of sunshine in a matter of seconds."

"You think I'm extremely sexy?"

"Only on Wednesdays."

"What about all the other days?"

She looked at me momentarily. "You're indescribably beautiful."

"Men can't be beautiful." I frowned.

"Yes they can. The definition of beautiful is 'of a very high standard; excellent' and I'd say that you surpass that by a mile."

I could feel myself blushing, but I didn't know why. "No one has ever called me beautiful."

"Well, you're a very beautiful man." She giggled. 

"You never cease to amaze me." I thought out loud.

"I am pretty amazing, aren't I?"

"Only on Wednesdays." I used her joke.

Her beautiful giggle rang through my ears once more.

"God damn it." She pulled to a stop. "We can't get through here, and the road's probably flooded the other way."

I look ahead to see a tree down across the road.