Chapter 13: Melissa's Home

Start from the beginning

"But who's the father?"

"His name is Zack Brody"

"Oh, I know him. Be careful Brooke. Wait, did he rape you?"

"No I was throwing myself at him and since he's a player he didn't say no."

"Ok. What's the something else?"

"You can't tell anybody. I'm supposed to keep my big mouth shut. He got Tess pregnant years ago, said he wouldn't be there for her, so she ended up getting an abortion."

"Oh my god, poor Tess" she hesitated before saying something I never thought she would say, "Brooklyn, I'm so proud of the almost woman you've become. I know you're going to be a teen mother but this child is so lucky to have you as a mother. When a problem arises you always find a solution to benefit everyone, I hope this is the solution you found to benefit you. I love you so much and I can't for you to become the wonderful mother I know you will be and the best part is I finally get to be an aunt. I know Zack will stay by you and you guys are going to be the perfect family."

"Thanks, Mel." I was crying and that's all I could get out.

***

We were all sitting about in the family room waiting for Melissa's big news, even though I knew what it was I had to sit and listen and act surprised. After Melissa tells all, I have to go to Zack's house and somehow tell his parents their son got me pregnant. Joy.

"Ok so um Ian and I have big news. You know we've been together for so long and-"

"Love you dearly but get to the chase" my mom rudely interrupted.

"As I was saying" she stopped then said "doesn't matter. I'm engaged!" she spoke the last part louder and showed my mom and I the large rock on her finger."

"Oh my god! My daughter's engaged! Congratulations!" my mom grabbed Melissa's hand and fully examined her ring "It's gorgeous. Great job picking out a ring, Ian."

"Thank you Emily" Ian replied. I could tell my mom was happy that he finally called her first name but I could also tell she wanted him to call her mom. Yikes.

"Ok I have a feeling mom is going to start planning your wedding so I'm going to go while I still can. Zack needs me to do tutor him so I'm going to be at his house for a few hours. Good luck Ian, she's crazy." Ian chuckled and Melissa gave me a concerned look. I gave her and the I'm-going-to-be-ok look.

I got into my BMW and drove to Zack's house. A few minutes later I was there and I ran the doorbell. Dylan answered the door again.

"Bwooklyn! Zack upstairs in his room"

"Thanks, Dylan."

I walked up the stairs to Zack's room. "Hey, gorgeous," he said when we saw me. He came over to where I was and kissed me with so much hunger. I could feel my insides tingling.

"Mmmm. Zack I would love to continue but your parents are just down the stairs and we need to tell them something" motioning to my stomach.

"Ugh let's go." We walked down the stairs and his parents were living room watching TV.

"Hey mom and dad, we need to tell you something"

"What's that honey?" she nervously questioned.

"Well you know we've been together for a while"

"Yes we know, now hurry up and get to the point" she was really impatient while her husband sat next to her without a sound.

"She's pregnant," Zack said really softly. I'm surprised they even heard him.