Rayne-drop,
I distracted Topaz for you this morning. You’re welcome.
APA.

I looked up from the note and directly over at Drew, who was busy doing something in his notebook. I decided not to bother him by thanking him. I sighed, watching Mr. Wilson pace back and forth, lecturing.

“And what else do we know? Rayne?”

I blushed, “Can you repeat the question, please?”

He grinned, “What do we know about America in the 1900s? What was happening?”

“Oh, the Great Depression?”

“Good,” he winked at me and continued to lecture.

I sighed and stood up, adjusting my short shorts as I walked over to the door. I let myself out of the room and walked towards the girl’s bathroom, which happened to be across the hallway.

“I think I’ve ruined your body,” I sang quietly as I pushed the door open.

I heard my sister’s laughter, filling up the empty bathroom. It bounced off the walls.

“No! You know, he looks so sexy now,” I heard another voice. I pressed up against the cold tile walls, listening to them intently.

“Shut up, I know that. But how am I going to get rid of Will?”

“You could just tell him the sex wasn’t what you wanted.”

“And have to deal with him following me around like a lost dog? I don’t think so.”

“Get him to cheat on you. With that Brie girl? Doesn’t he have a crush on her?”

“I think so. But then he’ll tell Rayne. I don’t want that bitch to know my plans,” I pushed the bathroom door open and slid out, letting it shut quietly.

Right, my sister would use the Junior bathrooms. All her friends were Juniors because everyone hated me. Right, right. I walked over to the stairs, silently climbing them. Was there something that I was missing? What was she talking about? Why did she want to dump Will? He was a nice guy, sometimes, and they always looked like they were in love or some sick form of it... Why would she dump him? It was still confusing to me. I made it to the top step and crossed the hall to the Freshman and Sophomore girl’s bathroom. My hand pushed the door open. Luckily, no one was inside.

I sighed and looked at myself in the mirror. Was it my face? Was it my hair? What made me so... me?
I washed my hands in the cold school water. It stung.

“Who are you?” a girl gave me a weird look. I was wrong, someone was in there....

“I’m, uhm, Rayne.”

Her eyes widened, her facial expression dropped, she ran out of the bathroom. Shrugging, I followed her out and walked back down the stairs.

I guess no one wanted to be my friend. Not that I blamed them for that or anything. I mean, who would want to be associated with the girl that always gets beat up. Don’t all raise your hands at once!

I hopped down the last three steps of the stairs. I had probably been gone a while... oh well. When I reached Mr. Wilson’s class, I slipped through the doorway.

The class was already busy working on something. Mr. Wilson threw me a concerned glance, “Rayne, could I talk to you for a second?”

I shrugged and approached his desk.

“Where did you go?”

“Bathroom. Upstairs.”

“Oh,” he sighed, “Alright but next time, please come back sooner. You don’t have to do the worksheet but I expect you to read the first couple of pages... alright?”