Chapter 17: Wounds and Blood

Start from the beginning

"Look, if you think I'm sorry that you have lose your mum then you are wrong. I'm sorry that I took your phone and spoiled it. Because of me you don't have any memories of your mum.", I explained to her.

I wanted to tell her the full story but I can't. She needs to understand the situation she is in. She needs to be independent.

At that point, she quickly gave me a hug. A tight hug to be more specific. She began to cry as soon as she placed her head on my shoulder. I didn't hug her for some time. I was reacting slowly to her reaction. Then I replied back to her action. You know they say, "every action has a reaction". I hugged her back placing one of my hand on her hips and the other on her head. I began to calm her down.

"It's okay Nina. I've also lose someone who cares for me as well.", I whispered in her ears. Wait I what did I tell her. I just hope she doesn't asks any stupid question.

Soon, I felt her entire body weight on me. She must have fallen asleep. I whispered her name in her ears but she didn't reply. She has fell asleep. I took her from her head carefully trying not to wake her up. Then I place her head properly on my lap.

Mum came soon and she saw me. She gave a light smile and told me she wanted to talk to me.

I took Nina's head and placed it onto the chair. Both of us walked far away from her and began to talk.

"Darren, Nina and Michael are under depression. We need to take care of them because Chloe left us in charge to take care of them.", mum was tearing but she managed to control herself.

"I know mum. I understand. I don't want the both of them to go through the same pain as I went through.", I told her. I assured her that she could trust me.

"The funeral will be held tomorrow. Both of you wouldn't be able to go to school and I've already told the principal. She's fine with it. I will follow William to Michael's to take care of him. He's alone there. Meanwhile, you bring Nina home. Please take care of her.", mum was already stammering. She sounded like she was going to cry.

"Mum!", I exclaimed and gave her a hug. She began to cry.

"I can still the situation in front of me. It's the same. I don't want Nina to suffer like how we all did.", mum reminded me of that day. I don't want to remember it but I was forced to.

I took a glance at Nina. She was sleeping soundly but whispering something. Why must she suffer so much? She deserves more. Although I don't like her, I will not let her suffer the same pain as me. We might tell each other that we hate each other and we will remain as strangers and all that but we still don't want each other to suffer.

*******************************************
I carried Nina and brought her into my room. We had drove home already and mum and dad went over to her place. I placed her carefully onto her bed and covered her with the blanket.

I walked towards the balcony and looked at the sky. I could remember that day so clearly. The moon was bright and there were a few stars. It was very cold but the cold didn't bother me anyway.

"That day, why did you leave me? Did you even know I love you so much? I don't think you understand the situation I'm in now right! All these things remind me of you.", I mumbled to myself. A tear rolled down my face.

I closed my eyes and began to refresh my memories. The moments we spent together.

At that moment I heard Nina shouting. I quickly ran towards the room and checked on her.