Chapter fourteen

He must be hiding somewhere. I run through the halls. I turn sharply at the corner and there he was. Michael sat against the wall with his legs crossed. His eyes were closed.

"Michael?" I whispered walking closer. His eyes snapped open at my voice. Michael patted the floor next to him. I sat down crisscrossing my legs.

"What's the matter?" I ask.

"My parents told me not to come home." He squeaked.

"What? Why?" I rushed my words.

"They said since I'm eighteen I'm not their responsibility." Hurt evident in his voice.

"Mike. I'm so sorry." I grabbed his hand.

"I've seen you go down to get more pills once a week. You're overdosing. Why the fuck are they giving you more?" Michael changed the subject. I need to tell him. I can't lie to him.

"I want to get better." I looked down ashamed.

"How many are you taking?" His accent thick.

"Too much."

"Alice, you could die. That's not healthy." Michael shook his head in disbelief.

"I'm okay." I assure him.

"No Al. You are not fucking okay. Who knows how many you are taking. Don't do that anymore please. I think that's great you want to get better but taking too many pills will not help." Michael lowered his voice. My shoulders slumped and his finger was under my chin making me look at him. My eyes water.

"Michael the pills will help." I whimper.

"You have to work wit them Alice. One pill a day and keep yourself busy. That's what I'm doing and I'm getting there." I cried harder.

"I'm sorry. I wanted to be happy. For you. I wanted to be better for you." I sobbed.

"For me? What?" He searched my eyes confused.

"You said you wanted to fall in love with me and that can't happen."

"Why not?"

"I'm an unhappy person and you deserve so much. You deserve someone that doesn't have problems and it perfect." I explained through my pathetic tears.

"Alice we all have problems baby. You are all I ever wanted okay? I am so in love with you. You aren't perfect but God you are too good for me. I love you. I love you so much Alice. Everything about you. Your personality is fucking flawless and I'm here for you. I want to give you the moon and the stars. I love you." Michael poured his heart out to me and I was breathless.

"I love you too. You make me feel wanted and important. You always manage to make me smile and make me happy. I love you pink lips. I'll love you when you are bald from dying your hair all the fucking time. I would do anything to make you laugh. Jesus Christ your laugh is adorable. I could go on and on about all your qualities. I love you Michael." His lips pressed against mine.

"I love you." Michael giggled.

"You are so fucking cute." I kissed him again.

"We should head back." Michael sighed.

"Yeah I guess we should." I nodded. Michael pulled me to my feet and kissed my neck.

"Sorry I really love kissing your neck." Michael laughed.

"I know you do. Come on let's go." I snorted. We parted ways going to our rooms. He loved me. Everything felt really good. I couldn't stop smiling. Now it's time to get better.

// comment & vote :) //