Chapter three

Kale and I ate in silence until someone put their tray next to Kale and sat down. It was a boy with black hair and green eyes. He wore a Blink-182 shirt and big black boots.

"Hey Michael." Kale greeted him.

"Hey." Michael replied. His eyes lock with mine for a moment and I force myself to look away from the prettiest eyes I have ever seen.

"This is Alice, she's new here. Be nice." Kale smiles and whispers the last part even though I still heard.

"Hi Alice, I'm Michael. Welcome to this shitty place." He smirked.

~

I woke to the alarm the next morning.

"What the hell." I yawn looking at the clock. It's 8:00 a.m. and I feel like death for waking up this early. I groaned and turned it off. I pull the comforter off my body and grab the schedule since I forgot already. We have group therapy at 10:30 and breakfast is in an hour. I headed to the showers. Michael stepped out of his door that was right next the bathroom and followed me.

"Why are you following me?" I ask feeling a little irritated.

"I need a shower." Michael sighed frustrated.

"Oh, sorry." I whispered. I didn't mean to make him upset. I thought that there was a guys shower but I guess they are combined. Weird. We both get in the farthest shower from each other. I turned off the water and swore I could hear Michael sniffling.

"Michael? Are you okay?" I called wrapping a towel around my body.

"Don't talk to me Alice." He growled, glaring at me with his towel around his waist.

"I was just worried. Sorry." I whispered.

"Don't be. I'm fine alright? God just leave me alone!" He yelled and quickly got out of the room. What did I do? It's my fault isn't it? It is. I kept thinking until I made myself cry. I didn't want to be here. I don't want to be alive. I sighed wiping my eyes and got dressed.

~

I didn't pay attention during group until it was Michael's turn.

"So how are you Michael?" Newt the counselor asked.

"I don't know." Michael sniffed and looked down.

"Tell us why you are here." Newt urged.

"Substance abuse and I'm bipolar." He said quietly refusing to look at anyone even though I'm sure everyone knows.

"Talk a little bit more about that substance abuse, what do you mean?" Newt was trying to get something out of him.

"I'm like a drug addict and an alcoholic I guess." Michael said shortly.

"How are the urges? For all of it." Newt brushed of his jeans and crossed his legs.

"Uh the urges for um cutting are constant." Michael coughed and his cheeks got red.

"Well we are here for you Mike." Newt said. What a bullshit response.

"What's your name?" Newt turns his eyes to me.

"Alice." I reply.

"Hello Alice." Everyone said.

"Why are you here Alice?" I fumbled with my hands letting out a big sigh.

"I tried to uh kill myself." I stammered.

"I'm sorry to hear that Alice. We are here for you." Newt smiled lightly. Michael stared at me and my skin crawled.

"Why?" Michael asked.

"What?" I asked.

"Why did you try to kill yourself?" Michael's cheeks got red but because of anger not embarrassment.

"Michael stop." Newt sighed.

"No! Why?! Why would you want that?" Michael yelled standing up. Newt grabbed a needle from his pocket and sticked it in his arm. Tears streamed down my face and he fell to the ground.

"Someone get a god damn nurse." Nurses came in and dragged Michael's sedated body to his room.

// AUTHORS NOTE//

YAy Michael:) aW Michael:(
Comment and vote :)