Chapter two

A bag of my belongings were dropped off at the hospital. I got dressed in my clothes and a nurse took me in a car to the the rehabilitation center to make sure I arrived safely. The building looked very nice and was very big. I walked through the sliding glass doors strait to the front desk.

"Name?" A woman asked smiling at me.

"Um. Alice Keller." I stated looking at my feet.

"Nice to meet you Alice. Follow me." She ginned. I sighed walking behind the happy woman. We walked through some hallways stoping at a door. She pushed the door open and motioned for me to go inside.

"Feel free to decorate your room. Here is the schedule of our activities. I hope you like it here Alice. Oh and my name is Charlotte." Charlotte smiled handing me a paper.

"Uh thanks." I frowned.

"Dinner is at 6:00, see you then." She laughed. I looked around the small room. The walls were white, there was a dresser, a closet, a desk, and a twin sized bed with gray bedding. I unpacked my things and set my bag in the closet. Right as I sat down in the chair in front of the desk there was a knock on my door. I freaked out for a second and then opened the door slowly. A tall girl with blonde hair stood there picking at her sweater.

"Hey. I'm Kale. I heard that there was a new girl so I came to meet you!" She explained brightly.

"Hi. I'm Alice." I shyly said. She stood in the doorway rocking back and forth on her heels and then I let her in. Kale sat on the bed.

"Don't you wanna decorate?" She asked.

"I don't really have anything." I whispered.

"Come to my room." She grabbed my arm taking me down the hallway. I tried to ignore the pain as she held tightly onto my stitches.

"I begged my mom to bring stuff from my room and I have extra lights. Do you want them?" Kale handed me the twinkle lights and I nodded.

"Thanks Kale." I held onto them and she clapped her hands.

"Let's go hang them up!" After hanging up the blue lights Kale stared at me blankly.

"What?" I questioned.

"Why are you here Alice?" She breathed out.

"Why are you?" I gulped. I didn't want to ruin the start of this friendship by telling her about me.

"Substance abuse." She sighed.

"Oh. I don't um uh I tried to kill myself."I shrugged.

"Alright." Kale nodded. For the first time in awhile I didn't feel out of place or crazy. Kale was addicted to something just like me and she is here too. I smiled at the blue lights that looked like stars.

"Don't feel bad okay? Like I don't really deal with depression but I was always stoned so it's like I understand wanting to escape? That probably didn't make sense. I'm here for you." Kale fumbled over her words and her body sat strait up as she talked.

"Thanks." I smiled slightly.

"I have to go right now, I have a session with my therapist before dinner so see you there." Kale explained walking out the door. I plugged my headphones into my ipod, the one electronic device they let me keep. I shuffled the music smiling when hurricane by Halsey came on. I felt okay until City And Colour came on and then I felt a lot like crying.

// comment & vote //