Chapter fifteen

One week later.
I'm only taking one pill a day. The first few days were hard. Withdrawals were a bitch and I had urges constantly. Michael and I haven't really talked. He smiles at me in the hallways. I'm focusing on me right now and not letting that effect me. Michael is leaving in a week. That is definitely effecting me. I attend all the pointless activities and started talking to Luke again. I'm already making some progress and it's only been a week. There's always that voice in the back of my head bringing me down that I can't get rid of. Luke and I sat on the floor of my room.

"I'm not gonna get out of here." Luke sighed.

"That's not true Luke." I shook my head.

"It is Alice. They told me they were going to take me to the mental hospital." He whispered with wide eyes.

"They can't do that! You're fine."

"They can." Luke ignored the last thing I said.

"But you told me you were getting better." I was upset that they were putting Luke there. He shouldn't be there.

"I'm really trying to act like it. I'm not okay. Uh I'm schizophrenic." Luke sniffed with tears in his blue eyes.

"Really? You've never showed any signs of that." I gasped.

"It's really bad when I'm alone." Things started to make sense. Luke was ever really around.

"Is that why you burned your dad's house down?" I mumble.

"Yeah. Alcohol sorta blocked it out but made it so much worse. Then I was in the ambulance and my dad's place was on fire. He got out. There's so many voices Alice." His voice shook.

"Luke it's okay. He's okay." I tried to give him a hug because he looked like he desperately needed one but he pushed me off.

"Fuck off! I won't do it!" He screamed and tears streamed down his cheeks. Luke threw his arms around and yelled a bunch of nonsense. I took a deep shaky breath and ran into the hall.

"Hey someone help me!" I yelled. A few nurses rushed over I told them something's wrong with Luke and one grabbed a sedative.

"No no. He doesn't need that. Just calm him down." I shook my head trying to stop her. Luke was screaming at the top of his lungs and they stuck the needle in his arm.

"Alice! Help me!" He gasps. Luke's eyes flutter shut and I cover my mouth. A couple more nurses came in with a stretcher.

"Where are you taking him?" I questioned the nurse.

"The mental ward."

"No! He can't, don't take him there!" I yelled.

"He is absolutely insane. Sorry." She faked sympathy pushing him out of the room. There was nothing I could do. I felt awful Luke was such a good person and he didn't seem like he was messed up in any way. I didn't know him good enough to cry but I still felt really bad.

~

The next few days were uneventful. My emotions are up and down and have been all day.

"How do you feel?" Molly asked putting in her glasses.

"Good. Honestly." I smiled. I feel fine. I'm feeling pretty normal.

"I know I told you to stay away from Michael. Did you hear that he's leaving in four days?"

"Uh yeah. I heard." I nodded.

"I'm sorry we had to separate you two. It just seemed like you weren't getting anywhere." Molly explained.

"He was the only thing that actually made me happy." I scoffed.

"Well okay. I have good news. Your release day is in two weeks."

"Really?" I asked shocked.

"Yep. You've made a lot of progress. Your ready to leave."

"Yeah I'm ready." I laughed.

"You can talk to Michael." She dismissed me.

// comment & vote :) //