I tried to block Harry by standing in front of him, but he refused to let me fight against Danny. He was too noble to shy away from standing up to Danny.

“WHAT THE HELL YOU TRYNA PULL, STYLES?!” Danny demanded and he grabbed Harry by the collar and slammed him against the wall.

“Danny, let me-” Harry tried to explain, but Danny wasn’t much for words. Actions suited him better and got him what he wanted, faster.

"Danny, wait!" I pleaded. I grabbed Danny's bulky arm and tried to get him to look at me so I could explain everything, but there was no hope for reasoning with Danny.

"YOU THINK THIS IS ONE OF YOUR LITTLE GAMES!? HUH?" Danny demanded, but he had closed off Harry's throat, preventing Harry from answering.

Harry shook his head quickly.

"YOU THINK YOU CAN PREY ON MY BABY SISTER, F*CK WITH HER HEART AND THEN CHEAT ON HER WITH HER BEST FRIEND!?" Danny growled powerfully.

Becky;s no friend of mine. 

"N-no, Danny" Harry defended, but Danny his grip dangerously.

Harry coughed as he struggled to breath.

Danny kicked Harry in the gut over and over until Harry grabbed at his abdomen instead of his neck.

"DANNY STOP IT!" I screamed and I tugged at his stone-hard hands as I tried to yank them off of Harry's neck.

"PLEASE!" I begged, but Danny seemed almost as determined to kill Harry here and now, as he was to let go and forget and forgive his best friend.

I stared in wide-eyed horror. Now Harry was almost as determined not to hit Danny back, as he was to defend his faithfulness. 

"He didn't cheat" Becky spoke up.

Everyone stopped and stared at her, almost having forgotten she- the source of the issue- was still here.

Danny loosed his grip around Harry's neck and Harry caught his breath. I ran to where Harry leaned against the wall, clutching his gut. 

"It was my fault" Becky admitted. 

Then she grabbed her bag and didn't dare turn back.

I swallowed hard. It didn't bother me that I had lost my best friend. It bothered me that my "best friend" had tried to hurt me like that. How she simply did not care about her dignity as a human, or her faithfulness as my friend.

But what hurt the most was that I had lost her God knows how many weeks, months, or years ago. 

Danny cleared his throat anxiously, waking me from my brief moment of deep disappointment in Becky and in myself for ever trying to help or trust her.

"Harry-" Danny began to apologize.

"It's ok, Danny" Harry nodded slowly. His voice was raspier than usual and I hoped that Danny hadn't caused serious damage to his throat.

Danny placed his hand at Harry's shoulder and looked him in straight in his eyes.

"Harry, you could be the Prince of Wales, but if you even dare imagine hurting Angela ever again, you know how the fairytale will end" he threatened Harry calmly.

Then he nudged his shoulder more playfully and turned to look at me.

Danny held my slightly trembling hand in his bulky one and patted it with his other hand, comfortingly.

"I'm only a click away" he reminded me as he motioned at his phone. 

I nodded.

I knew that as long as Harry and I were safe and together, I would never need Danny to intervene. And maybe Danny knew that already, that's why he was so quick to come to my rescue; he liked putting his fists to work, especially if it was in the intention of defending me.