6. Too good to be true

Jacks p.o.v:

I managed to settle Aidan after about half an hour of tactics, apparently singing was his weak point. I placed him back down to his basket before just looking at him for a smile, with a grin that stretched ear to ear.

I can't believe I'm a dad. It doesn't feel real he is actually here.

I don't know if it was the deep sleep deprivation or excitement of him arriving but I couldn't sleep a wink, so instead a took a seat on the balcony and was deep in my own thoughts before I felt my phone vibrate;

Who messages at 4:30am?

Text message: Derek

Hi Jack, Ant told me and I just want to say congratulations to you and Lola on your little boy, did you chose a name yet? I hope him and Lola are all healthy and comfortable as can be!

I Just want to remind you that you are only human and everyone has stresses doubts at the start, and forever, but trust me that little boy couldn't be more lucky to have you two as parents. He will always have us too as his family, just remember you will be a great dad and try to not doubt yourself like you have been ok? Enjoy the nights of no sleep and stress for the years to come.!

Love you bud x

I smiled as a re-read his words a few times, pondering on my reply.

Hi Derek, thank you for everything you just said and over the years, we have decided to name him Aidan, they are both doing well thank you.

I really appreciate you you for that, and for that day, I just got worried I would be a a shit dad. I know I am not a textbook role model but the past is the past and I am going to change some of my ways for Aidan and for Lola. I know with all of you, Lola and our families this whole dad thing might just be manageable

You know you're like a dad to me and just wanna say thank you, again x

Derek: Aidan Trueblood? I like that it sounds very fit for when he turns into a little heartbreaker, a bit like his dad (pre Lola days)!

You are always welcome Jack and I will be here for you all, whatever you need, godfather Derek to the rescue.

"it's half four babe what are you doing up?" Lola leaned on the door with her eyes half closed sporting a messy bun

For a girl who has just given birth she still looks beautiful.

"just couldn't sleep thats all but I will be in soon, you go, you need to rest" I kissed her forehead and she smiled before heading to bed.

I just can't shake the feeling something isn't right, something feels off.

Lolas p.o.v:

I'm so exhausted, but after all we got Aidan at the end and I would do anything for him.

I was resting in bed whilst mum was helping out round the house, we had some rough patches in our life but recently, especially after learning I was pregnant, we have grown closer and I do really appreciate everything.

"Can I come in?" Mum said knocking on the door "yeah" I replied and yawned "how you feeling hun?" Mum asked "not too bad, just really tired" I said and she picked Aidan up "he's adorable" She whispered and I smiled "he must get his charm from his dad" Jack said as he came in with a towel as his outfit.