Sixteen.

THIRD PERSON POV

Rose fell asleep in Dean's arms after she returned from locking herself in her room. She continued to talk to the air beside her until her eyes fluttered shut and her chest began to move rhythmically on sync with Dean's.

They were both in darkness, he could not see him watching them from the corner. Or rather watching Rose. He traced her body with his eyes searching for any cuts or bruises from that day, he tried to understand why she didn't just die. What made her come back. He even smelt the scent which folded around her body, the spice which lingered in his nose, the sweet smell of lavender which intoxicated his body and made him weak but what he really wanted was to feel her against him.

The good thing was Vampires couldn't read Angel's minds, therefor he would not get a threatening like Callum did.

"Why are you in love with her" came a deep and dark voice. When he didn't reply the voice came again, more irritated that before "I asked you a question Caleb"

Caleb sighed and scratched his chin. Not wanted to shift his gaze from her "Who said I was? And anyway Daniel you're not on duty tonight"

Daniel scoffed "But it's my duty to make sure you don't lose your head and kiss her"

"I'm not in love with her" he protested even more. He was silenced by the moan which escaped Rose's lips, the shift of her body under the bedcovers and the flutter of her eye lids. She was going to wake up.

"Shit" Daniel cursed "The spell is taking its time, finish off your duty and come home" he ordered and jumped out the window. His white wings became a blur in the night sky.

Caleb's breath hitched when Rose sat up. The Blanket falling off her shoulders revealed a white low nighty which almost made her look angelic in the moonlight. His emotions could not be suppressed and neither could he hide them from himself, but he tried to.
She rubbed her eyes and peered into the darkness, she could only just make out Caleb's figure but didn't exactly know who it was.

"I can see you" she said softly. Being careful not to wake Dean up but he was too deep in his own slumber, her voice was like music and he could dance to her song forever.

He remained quiet.

"Why are you in darkness?" She asked.

Caleb smirked "Why are you in the light?"

Just then his voice became attached to a face in her head and she tried to keep her voice even when she spoke "C-Caleb?"

The sting in his heart was unbearable. She sounded scared and worried, almost frightened "Why do you sound so scared? I'm not going to hurt you"

"You dropped me from a building" her words were bitter and acidic. Caleb ran his hands through his blonde hair apologetically, he took a step out of the shadows and into the silvery moonlight, seeing his face caused her heart to race yet she did not know why.

"I know, I'm sorry" he told her. She slid off the bed and took a couple steps towards him but cautious not to step too close to him. He was huge, almost Dean huge, but his eyes were so soft and shiny that she could see her own reflection even in this darkness. His lips were so soft girls would have craved to kiss him if he came to her old school and hair so delicate every girl would love to rake their hands through.

"That apology doesn't rid the fact that I hate You and this war is still happening" those were not the words he expected to come out of her mouth but he tried to keep his emotions at bay.

"Fine. You're going to die for real then" he said coldly. He didn't want to be cold, he couldn't but he had to.

After looking down at her feet for a while her eyes slowly rose and he crumbled. Her gold eyes was his weakness, they bore into him, into his hatred, his spite, his anger. "Is it true?"