Thirteen.

Third person POV

"I have to stop" Thea spoke, she was panting, sweat dripping down her brown but she wiped it away. Her eyes turned back to green but they were a pale green, she was pale like a sheet.

"Why?" Thalia asked, the smoke still covered everything in sight so she couldn't see what happened to Rose, she couldn't see why Thea had to stop.

"Look" Thea said, once the smoke had dissipated everyone gasped at Rose's shaking body, her eyes were red and blood shot with tears, the gold had drained, you had to look closely to see even see a hint of gold in them, she cried hysterically not even looking where she was or who was around her.

"Rose" Concern was in Dean's voice, he untangled his crossed arms and walked quickly to the girl on the floor, his voice didn't register in her ears but she recognised his face, she cried even harder.

"It was strange" Thea said "I was in control then suddenly she was slipping away"

"What do you mean?" Rixon asked. Dean had scooped her up into his arms and held her, unfazed by her weight. She trembled but now she was in his arms she lay still, it was like she had fainted but her eyes were wide open, Dean's jaw clenched and unclenched whole fear clawed and twisted his insides just by staring at the girl in his arms. Rose, his beautiful rose was wilting.

"I was controlling her hallucination then it all went wrong, she began controlling it herself" Thea said calmly even though her voice shook slightly.

"What was she thinking about?"

she bit her lip "All the people she loved dying"

__________

Dean placed Rose gently on the bed and caressed her pale cheek. Just looking at her made his heart hurt but he knew she would be okay, somehow this trance she was in would snap and she would wake up.

"Rose" he sighed heavily and knelt down on the floor beside the bed, he shook his head as if he knew trying would lead to know where. Rose stared up at the ceiling but she wasn't blinking, neither was she moving any part of her body, but her chest moved up and down rhythmically which was a sign she was still alive. "It was a hallucination" his lip trembled. Now that he was alone with her he could tap into her past memories effortlessly and see what she saw in that horrid hallucination Thea had put her in. He heard screams, he saw Daniel, he saw Thalia's sliced body and Tristan's torso. Arianne's rotting corpse and Callum and Rixon's wolves laying on the blood tinted grass. "That will never happen Rose, I'm not going to leave you"

Still she did not blink, move or utter a word, she merely stared to the white ceiling with her pink and dry lips parted. Even in this state Dean thought she was beautiful, the most beautiful vampire he'd ever laid eyes on, even though it killed him to admit that she was even more beautiful that Isobelle the truth is she was. He smiled sadly and placed a soft and gentle kiss on her lips before leaving the bedroom. As if on cue when the door slam Rose's hands gripped the bed covers and her back arched, her pupils dilated to the small little dots in her pale gold eyes and she released a small moan. A tear escaped both her eyes and ran down her face but she could do nothing about the agonising pain she was feeling at that moment. A black mark crawled up her hand and stopped at her wrist, once the mark stopped moving upwards Rose fell and slumped back into her pillow. Once again she did not move, she did not blink, she lay perfectly still.

A princess asleep in her tower.

~*~
If you guys watched spiderman when he's turning into the black spider and that goo type of alien thing which is the black spider started crawling up his arm? yeah picture that like Rose's tattoo but less...gross ahahaha hope you liked this chapter! ily