Fourteen.

"We all change. But feelings don't"

_____

My eyes focused after staring blankly at God knows what for a while. I had no energy to move let alone blink for that matter; my whole body felt like it was thrown off a high speed moving train. I sucked in and released a breath while trying to figure out how to get my body to obey my heads commands even though the thought was unfathomable.

The sound of breathing registered in my ears but I was too sore to move. Heavy breathing, followed by the sound of creeping footsteps then followed by a weary smiling hovering on top of me.

"I don't know if your still in your 'my eyes are open but I'm asleep faze' or if your actually awake now" Callum said gingerly.

I clocked my head to the side and blinked slowly "My arm hurts"

"Come on, lets get you sat up" he sighed and slid his arm under my back and around my neck to help me sit up. Sitting up was the worst part, it hurt like crazy, I felt my bones grind against each other, I felt my muscles ache and my eyes see all kinds of funny colours. I frowned upon the dirty room and the stacks of vile's, bandages and medicines on desks and on the floor.

"Were you operating on me or something" I asked.

"Mmm? oh no Arianne just wanted to do some tests thats all"

I nodded. It was now that I actually looked at Callum, he looked restless like he hadn't slept for days, his hair was a mess, his hood made it even worse, his face was pale, his lips were pursed in a straight line and his eyes were black.

He smirked at me "Your curious, I can hear it"

I frowned "What?"

"As a wolf, I can hear people's emotions, yeah I know it's weird. That's why I came to check up on you, I heard you were in pain so I came" he explained.

"That's really sweet of you"

"Don't worry about it, but your probably wondering where everyone is. I heard you"

Okay this is getting creepy, I nodded once.

"Dean and Arianne went to the market, Rixon and Thalia went too but we all know their somewhere private" he winked. Ew what a gross image, Thalia is too innocent and sweet to do anything stupid "Tristan's learnt about another vampire pack in Russia and has gone to meet them"

"What about Thea?"

"Oh she's fine, she's asleep"

I sighed heavily and stretched out my limbs, if I was honest it felt like my shoulder had been dislocated and put back into place the wrong way But other than that I felt fine, that was the best sleep I've had all this trip even if my eyes were wide open.

"Since when did you get a Tattoo?" Callum's voice caught me off guard. It took me a while to realise he was pointing to my arm, when I saw the black spider like tattoo emerging from the palm of my hand to the top of my wrist I remembered the pain I was in yesterday, it felt like someone was cutting off my arm. It was unbearable, the pain was a fresh cut in my head and the wound will leave a horrible scar in the back of my mind. I pulled my sleep down and shook my head nonchalantly.

"Nothing, I got bored the other day and I guess it hasn't washed off yet" what a big fat lie that was. I hoped he believed it, but it was the way his eye brows furrowed and his jaw clenched that I knew he didn't believe me.

"Your lying"

"No I'm not" I said boldly.

"Rose, I know you. I can hear you, i'm always here for you I promise"

And then the worst thing imaginable happened, nothing I could have done could have saved us both.

~*~
I'm sorry if this is pathetic I did try and I'm SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE :((( it won't happen again xxxx