Trapped: Ch. 20

Chapter Twenty

Revenge?

            Later had to come eventually and unfortunately it came to fast. Yuki pulled me aside once Ava and Vicky were thoroughly distracted. I wasn't exactly sure what he wanted to talk to me about that was so urgent it couldn't wait until tomorrow. By the time we made it up the stairs and into his room I collapsed on the bed.

"I'm tired," I said into the pillow. "Can we talk tomorrow?"

"No we should do this now," he said.

            I rolled onto my side and looked at him. He sat next to me and took my hand in his.

"Tell me the truth," he began. "What did Ted do to you in that house?"

            I looked in his eyes and saw an endless sea of pain.

"Um, I don't want to really talk about it," I said truthfully.

"Please," he pleaded.

"I don't know where to start."

"Was it that bad?"

            I didn't want to freak him out but if I didn't tell him then he'd probably keep worrying. I didn't want to cause him anymore pain than what was already visible.

"Have you ever seen those movies with the houses where some guy has like twenty or more girls locked up in the basement, wearing skanky outfits and he like pimps them out and stuff?"

"Please don't tell me that's what it was like in there," he said, looking sick.

"Sort-of except it was only me and Vicky. We were locked in separate cell things in his basement. Every once in a while he's come down and pick one of us, drug us, and take us to a random guy or two. I think you can figure out what the guys did to us."

"Ugh...anything else?"

"He didn't feed us or give us water."

"Wait did you say a guy or two?"

"Yeah."

"Two?" he asked in disbelief.

"Yes two."

"So they basically gang banged you?"

"If that's what you want to call it," I said.

"That's disgusting."

"You asked!" I said feeling like garbage. "I didn't choose for it to happen but it did."

"I never said you did. I was just saying."

"Now I'm just saying I'm done talking. I'm going to shower then go to bed. Get out."

"Jazmaine, I'm sorry. I should've tried harder to keep him away from you. It's my fault."

"It's not your fault."

"Yes it is. Remember how I promised I'd keep you safe? Well I'm not doing such a great job."

"No objection there but don't blame yourself. There's nothing you could've done."

"Yes there was. I could've called the police, I could've told you not to go home that day, I could've taken karate or some shit when I was younger so I could've fought him. I could've done a lot of things but I didn't."

"Karate, Yuki? Really?"

"Well some kind of self-defense class..."

            He looked out the window and then looked back at me.