Trapped: Ch. 15

Chapter Fifteen

Mother Nature + Father Time=?

            Two weeks went by and Yuki and I haven't talked about our little incident. I was afraid that he didn't like me anymore or something. We barely talked and we didn't even sleep in the same bed anymore. He slept on the floor and I slept where the magic happened. I couldn't help but notice he never used those sheets again. He didn't even kiss me anymore, except for when we were in front of Vicky, and it wasn't even on the lips. It was a cheek kiss, like I was his grandmother or something!

"So you two still haven't talked about it?" Aisha asked.

"No. I don't even know what got into me that night."

"Maybe it was in the strawberries."

"I doubt he slipped me a roofie Aisha."

"You never know," she said.

"He isn't that type of guy. He's too nice."

"The nice ones are the ones you gotta look out for," she said popping a chicken nugget into her mouth.

"You know, you never told me why you didn't show up to lunch two weeks ago."

"I went home early," she said simply.

"Why didn't you text me or something?"

"I don't have your new number."

            I had forgotten I changed the SIM card in my phone. I quickly texted Aisha a smiley face so she had my number and put away my phone before I got it confiscated.

"Now you do," I said.

"Thanks. So what are you going to do? It can't be as awkward as you say it is."

"No, it's worse plus I've been fighting some kind-of of stomach virus going around. It doesn't help that we don't really talk anymore. I mean I think he's overreacting. He sleeps on the floor now. I tripped over him like a million times."

"He's probably afraid that if you two get closer your relationship will be all about sex."

"He could still talk to me though," I said.

"Who could still talk to you?" asked Yuki walking up to our table.

"Uh Ray?"

"Why's Ray not talking to you?"

"Something stupid happened between us and now every time we're around each other it's awkward," I said trying to drop a hint.

"Maybe Ray just needs some time to think. Maybe he needs space for a while."

"Well how much time and space could he need? It's been two weeks!" I shouted.

"I think I hear my phone ringing," said Aisha. "I'm gonna go answer it."

            She stood up and retreated from our table. The silence that followed bothered me to the point where I was about to leave too.

"Bye," I said standing.

"Don't go."

"Are you going to talk to me?" I asked.

"Not about the other night."

"Why?"

"I'm not ready to talk about it."

"Why?"

"Because of the finale."

"Finale?"

"The thing that happened at the end..."

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said innocently. I wanted him to say it. We needed to talk about it. "Maybe you should elaborate."