I reciprocated his hug, wrapping my small arms around his broad back, pressing my face into his chest, and inhaling the sweet smell of his cologne that I missed so much.

"Please don't tell me you're leaving right after this."

"I'm not. I believe I made a promise some time ago that I would talk to you when the time was right. I talked to your brother already and told him I'm taking you out tonight after we all have dinner together."

I relaxed further and melted into him. "Thank god," I muttered. "For once you're not running away from me."

"Yeah. I'm sorry."

"It's okay," I whispered.

I pulled out of his embrace when my text-tone then went off. I read it and then told Damon that they had found Jayden and where to meet them. We made our way over to the spot they were waiting for us at. As I walked having Damon beside me felt so surreal. I took his hand and intertwined my fingers in the gaps between his fingers. My heart skipped a beat and began racing when he tightened his grip instead of pulling away. I loved the warmth from his firm, strong hands, and how comfortable my hand felt in his. I looked up at him and he looked curiously back at me.

"I don't want you running off on me."

He chuckled. "I already told you I wouldn't."

"I know but it still feels like you will."

He smiled and shook his head. "Remember when I was the one chasing you and you were the one running away."

I laughed heartily, "Well the circumstances were a bit different then. I practically hated your guts back then."

"And now you just can't get enough of me and all this sexiness," he gestured to himself with mock cockiness.

I punched him in the arm and laughed. "There's that arrogant old Damon that I somehow missed."

He scratched the back of his head as his lips twitched up into a shy smile.

Once we met up with Jayden I congratulated her and squeezed her in a tight hug. We all took turns taking pictures and made our way to the restaurant for dinner. The whole time I kept peering at Damon, who was sitting across from me, from under my eyelashes. All of us talked about Jayden and my past as well as our future goals and ambitions. However, I could hardly think about anything except where Damon and I were going to go afterwards. I was so nervous about the conversations we would have and what we would talk about.

Jayden, who was sitting next to me, poked me. She leaned into my ear and whispered, "Landon told me you and Damon are going out for a bit after dinner."

I was a little surprised he told her, but nodded in response as I nervously fidgeted my hand.

"Do you want me to come too? To be honest I'm not sure whether I should be happy or worried about you."

I smiled at her. "Let's go with happy. I think I'll be fine on my own this time."

She smiled warmly back at me and patted my hand. Once the check had been paid for, we said our goodbyes and parted ways. I went to stand near Landon and Damon who were speaking quietly away from the rest of us. Once they noticed me coming their way they stopped talking.

"Are you ready to head out, son?" my dad said to Landon as he came up behind him and patted his shoulder. "I trust that you'll keep her safe?" my dad said to Damon along with a stern look.

Damon nodded firmly. "Of course, sir."

"We'll be off then. Goodnight Alaure. Call me if you need me."