89

As I slowly flicker my eyes open, I'm met with the sight of the most stunning eyes I've ever seen. A mesmerizing blend of green and blue, illuminated by the morning sunlight streaming through the window.

Confusion clouds my mind as I try to piece together the events of the previous night. I don't remember falling asleep with someone, yet here they are, their gaze fixed on me with a mixture of concern and warmth.

A dull ache pounds in my head, a harsh reminder of the excesses of the night before. As I try to gather my thoughts, I can't help but wonder who this person is and how they ended up here with me.

"Morning, angel..." the person whispers and leans in to kiss my forehead, a rush of memories flood back to me. Lando. It's Lando who's lying beside me, his arms wrapped around my waist in a protective embrace.

Panic courses through me as I realize the situation we're in. I try to scramble out of bed, but Lando's arms hold me firmly in place. It's then that I notice we're both completely naked.

I struggle to find the right words, my mind racing with a mix of confusion and apprehension. How did we end up like this?

"What the fuck," I mutter, my voice laced with confusion as I try to make sense of the situation. Memories from the previous night are hazy at best, leaving me feeling overwhelmed.

But before I can gather my thoughts, Lando's gentle touch and pleading words pull me back into the present moment. As he pushes a strand of hair behind my ear and draws me closer to him.

"Please, please don't go," he whispers softly, his eyes searching mine with an intensity that makes my heart race. I open my mouth to protest, to say that I really shouldn't be here, but he silences me with a finger to my lips and a shake of his head.

"Shh, baby," he murmurs, as he strokes my back and holds me close. In that moment, I find myself torn between the desire to stay or to leave.

I'm not even sure how I ended up here,  despite the warmth of Lando's embrace and the sense of familiarity that surrounds me, I just can't.

"Did we..." I murmur, gesturing between us. Lando hums in response, nodding his head slightly. My heart sinks at the confirmation, and I feel a rush of embarrassment flood over me. I bring my hands up to my face, intending to shield myself from the reality of the situation, but Lando gently grabs hold of them and pulls them away.

Before he can speak, I manage to slip out of his grasp, my mind racing with a mix of confusion and panic. Without another word, I hastily gather my things and scramble to find the closest clothes I can find. My hands land on Lando's clothes, and I quickly pull them on.

As I try to make my escape, Lando's firm grip on my waist stops me in my tracks. His voice, soft and pleading, cuts through the tension in the room.

"Stella, please don't run," he implores, his eyes searching mine for a sign of understanding.

But I can't stay, not now. "I can't, Lando," I reply, my voice trembling with emotion. "I'm trying to heal, please give me time!"

He groans in frustration, tilting his head back as if searching for the right words. "I've given you time, Stella," he insists, his tone desperate. "I've given you so much time! I've let you heal, I've let you think things through, but I need an answer! Please!"

As Lando's words hang in the air, I'm overwhelmed by a flood of conflicting emotions. He's right, of course—he's given me space and time to heal, more than I could have ever asked for.

I just have no idea what to do.

"Give me an answer." He says firmly,
I began to bite my bottom lip nervously as I think of a response.

"I..." I begin, the words catching in my throat as I struggle to find the right thing to say. But before I can form a coherent response, my thoughts are interrupted by a sudden surge of emotion.

Without hesitation, I reach out and grab his face, drawing him closer to mine. In that moment, all my doubts and uncertainties fade away as I close the distance between us, crashing my lips against his.

As the weight of our kiss settles over us, everything just feels right, Lando deepens the kiss, drawing me closer to him, any lingering doubts or uncertainties melt away.

I wrap my arms around his neck, losing myself in the sensation of his embrace as our lips finally part, we gaze into each other's eyes for a silent moment.

"I missed you so much, angel," he whispers, his words a balm to my soul. With a soft smile, I rest my head against his chest, feeling the fast rhythm of his heartbeat beneath my ear. In his arms, I feel at home again.

|~~~~~|

A.N- finally😭 I've had enough of them not being together, so I had to get them together as soon as possible because I don't want this book to have over 100 or so chapters.

So that is me saying this book will end soon! I might go over 100 chapters but we will see!

Love yall!