55

Walking into the hotel room, I take my time to look around the area. Lando's whereabouts remain a mystery until I spot our room in the corner. There, lying gracefully on the bed, is a stunning dress, catching my attention instantly.

In awe, I find myself speechless as I lay eyes on the green silk dress with its single elegant strap. My hand instinctively covers my mouth, "Oh my." I whisper, qs I reach out to pick it up, a voice unexpectedly emerges from the corner of the room.

"It's nothing special, just a quick run to the shops," Lando explains as he approaches, his hands finding my waist. I turn to face him, puzzled. "Why, though?" I inquire, my lips pursing slightly.

"It's your birthday, Stella," he shrugs, his tone casual. "I only found out a couple of hours ago." I tilt my head, touched by the gesture. "Thank you," I reply softly, leaning in to peck his lips. "Get ready, I'm taking you out," he says, his fingers tracing up my arm.

|~~~~~|

"Lan... what's all this?" I murmur, my gaze sweeping around the surroundings. He's brought me to a botanical garden, but it's eerily quiet, no sight of any crowds it's just the two of us.

"I didn't have much to work with, I mean, I had to call up the owners and book out the whole place for a couple of hours," Lando explains softly, his hands gently gripping my waist as he draws me close. "And like I said, I only found out it was your birthday two hours ago." We stand together, enveloped in the beauty of the gardens, admiring the view as he holds me close.

"It's beautiful," I say softly, drawn to a flower. I pick it delicately, twirling it in my fingers, mesmerized by its beauty, especially a stunning white rose.

Lando approaches, gently taking the flower from my hand. With a soft touch, he pushes my hair back and places the flower behind my ear. "You look stunning," he whispers, his lips meeting mine in a sweet peck. I can feel my cheeks flush as I shyly glance down at the floor.

"Come on," Lando says, extending his hand. I delicately place mine in his, and he leads me to a small deck adorned with flowers.

"I want to keep this as a memory," he says, pulling out his phone to capture the moment. We share laughter and chuckles as he snaps some photos of me.

Eventually, we find ourselves in each other's embrace once again.

He holds my waist, his touch reassuring as I wrap my arms around his neck. It feels like the perfect moment to just lean in and share a kiss, to enjoy the warmth of the moment. But Lando seems to have other thoughts on his mind.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he asks softly, his tone carrying a mixture of concern and curiosity. I know exactly what he's referring to, and I find myself biting my lip, unable to meet his gaze as I glance down at my feet.

"I don't like birthdays," I confess with a nonchalant shrug, hoping to brush off the topic. But Lando shakes his head, a gentle chuckle escaping him despite his understanding.

"Everyone likes birthdays, so what happened to make you hate them?" Lando asks, tilting his head with a knowing look in his eyes. He knows me too well.

"Things just didn't go that well one day," I admit, feeling a pang of unease as I recall the memories. "Hated them ever since," I add, the weight of that day still lingering heavily in my mind.

"Well, uh," I begin, feeling a mix of nerves and relief at the prospect of finally sharing this with someone. "Liam happened," I say quietly, the name carrying the weight of the memories and the pain associated with it. Just those few words are enough for Lando to understand the depth of what happened.

"Fuck, Stella," Lando curses softly, shaking his head in disbelief. "I don't know how to deal with him," he admits, his grip on me tightening.

"Same, honestly. I guess I was just worried and scared he would hurt me," I mumble softly. His expression softens with sadness as he looks at me, his eyes filled with understanding.

"You know I will never hurt you, angel," he murmurs, his forehead resting gently against mine. "Please don't be scared. Tell me stuff."

I feel a soft hum escape my lips as I gently grasp his cheeks, pulling him closer and kissing him passionately..

"Thank you for this."  I mumble softly against his lips, our tongues dancing together as I run my fingers through his hair.

Maybe tonight is the night.

No alcohol, all real.