6

As I looked around the club in search of a quiet spot, I stumbled upon a hidden
beautiful bench adorned with pillows and strategically placed near a decent-sized window. It was pretty unexpected to find in a club, but I wasn't one to complain, especially since it was completely empty around here.

I settled onto the bench, folding my legs comfortably to my chest. Grabbing my book and the ever-reliable pen from my purse, I contemplated changing my usual routine of writing down book ideas.

Tonight felt different,an urge to spill my emotions onto paper took over.

I placed the pen on the paper and started to write away.

I didn't expect me to be writing in a book at a party, but I don't feel comfortable anymore, maybe the dress was too revealing, or I'm just scared of men now. But I for sure know—

My writing abruptly halted as another deep voice reached my ears. Choosing to ignore it, I focused on my words. Trying to not make any conversations right now.

"Hello?" He uttered words once more, yet I remained silent, I just want to be alone, and I wish I could find Charles so we can leave and I can escape to the hotel, but his whereabouts remained uncertain.

"Are you okay?" He spoke onc again, showing no sign of giving up as he had the audacity to take a seat right beside me.

"Why are you writing? You're at a party with a huge amount of famous people?" This time I had enough and I looked up.

Regrettably, I wish I hadn't looked up, I was flabbergasted. The guy possessed curly brown, irresistibly fluffy hair, tempting me to run my fingers through it. His eyes, a mesmerizing blend of blue and green, reminded me of the ocean and nature. Clad in a sleek black button-down paired with matching black cargos, and his scent, gosh, he smelled delicious.

"I-I prefer to keep my distance," I stuttered, shrugging my shoulders.

"Yeah, I get you," he replied, offering a reassuring smile as he pulled out his own notepad. A sense of comfort settled in.

"I'm Lando, by the way," he said, engrossed in sketching. The realization struck m, Lando, Carlos and Charles' best friend. "I'm Stella, Charles' sister," I mumbled, and he looked up as his eyes widened in recognition.

"So, you're the girl, huh?" he remarked, looking me up and down, his smile growing. I chuckled, hooking my pen onto my dress. "I didn't know Charles loved to talk about me that much."

"Trust me, he doesn't stop."

"I guess I'm just special," I giggled, as my cheeks turned into a light pink, definitely not due to his attractiveness, maybe it's just the heat. Yeah, it is really hot in here.

"Are you okay, though?" he asked softly, a hint of concern in his eyes. I nodded.

"I just had a bad interaction, with someone on the dance floor." He nodded as he leaned against the window, continuing to write. Curiosity got the better of me.

"Why are you here?" I questioned Carlos and Charles said he's a crazy party animal, but right now he also just was alone time.

"I just made out with a girl, got sick of it, so I decided to find somewhere quiet," he admitted casually. I froze in shock. So, he's one of those types of guys.

My opinion of Lando was now confusing. But I kept staring at him for some reason. And I couldn't stop, until he spoke again.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer, Stella," he teased with a grin. "Or do you want me to make out with you too?" My jaw dropped. That was it, I definitely don't like this Lando guy.

Without a stuttering a word, I got up, grabbed my purse, swung it over my shoulder and walked away. "I'm going to find my brother. Have a great time, Lando," I said, rolling my eyes.

At first I thought lando was a lovely sweet guy, turns out he is just a fucking bitch.