8

Waking up in a fantastic mood today was a welcome contrast to the unsettling nightmare from last night.

The anticipation of finally heading to the paddock added an extra layer of excitement to my morning routine.

As I stood at the sink, cleansing my face, Charles made an entrance into the room.

"Stella, are you excited today?" He questioned as he stood next to me, a smile adorned my face as I splashed refreshing water onto my cheeks.

"Mhm!" I replied, flashing a smile. Dressed in my modified Ferrari crop top and favorite blue jean shorts, Charles wasn't that happy when he saw me cutting one of his Ferrari polos. But come on, I have to make myself look good.

And polos don't really suit me.

"I can't wait to see Carlos today," Charles grinned, looking in the mirror and touching up his hair. What's with his obsession with Carlos.

"Seriously, just date each other already," I teased, playfully swinging my black leather purse from yesterday over my shoulder.

Our banter continued as we made our way to the elevator, once we left the hotel, we hopped into a cab and made
are way to the circuit.

|~~~~~|

Upon our arrival, Charles assisted me in scanning my pass, and marking my official entry into the paddock.

My first ever time being in the formula one paddock. And the atmosphere was amazing.

"I got to leave to go use the restroom, you know the way to the Ferrari garage right?" Charles nudged me questioning.

"Of course, I've got it," I smiled, even though truthfully, I had no idea where to go, I decided against waiting for Charles, suspecting his bathroom break might turn into a prolonged mirror gazing session.

"Alright, see you there," he patted my back before heading to the bathroom.

Now on my own to navigate this place, I can't help but think I might regret not waiting for Charles. Nevertheless, it's worth a shot.

As I started walking, I encountered cameras and a sea of people in suits. It became apparent that I had strayed far from the Ferrari garage.

I'm hopeless. I really should've waited for Charles.

Seating myself on a nearby bench, keeping my hands against my cheek. I scanned the surroundings, eagerly hoping to spot someone who looked approachable and could offer some help.

After a couple of minutes there was no luck, the only people walking around here where some people dressed in suits, is there seriously no mechanics around here or something?

Until i finally spotted someone in casual attire, I took the opportunity. Swiftly standing up, I hurriedly approached the person who was speed walking.

Tapping the person's shoulder, I patiently waited for them to turn around.

And once they did I wish I could go back in time and just ask one of the men in there flashy suits, cause gosh darn it.

"Oh, hey Stella. What brings you here on this wonderful day?" Lando's sarcasm filled the air as I rolled my eyes in response.

"Funny. I'll just go," I muttered, furrowing my brows as I decided to leave. I suppose I'll find my own way.

But instead, he had the audacity to chase after me and grab my wrists.

"I'm sorry, Stella, but maybe don't be a snitch and say I was a bitch," he said, yanking me towards his chest. Despite the discomfort of being too close to him, I stood my ground, refusing to retreat.

Instead, I just looked up at him while he now held both my wrists firmly.

"What do you mean?" I played dumb, genuinely puzzled about how he discovered the truth.

"Oh, no it's okay. But if you want to talk to Charles about me, just say it to my face," he chuckled, holding my gaze. In that moment of silence, it became evident that Charles had betrayed me and chose to tell Lando, revealing what I had shared to him yesterday.

"Anyways, what do you need help with?" he grinned, raising his eyebrows. The playful expression quickly faded as we both heard a flicker coming from beside us.

When we looked, my jaw dropped – it was paparazzi. Now, the realization hit me that I should step away from Lando.

being this close to his chest was probably not the best idea in the midst of the paparazzi's attention.

"Now look, we just got photos taken of us," I complained as I finally pulled away from his grip.

"Whatever, it will work for my favour. Now what do you want Stella." I raised an eyebrow. What did he mean it would work in his favour?

Ignoring his comment, I stated, "I'm just trying to find the Ferrari garage," crossing my arms over my chest.

"What, did brother Charlie leave you stranded?" he chuckled, and I squinted my eyes, furrowing my brows. Did he genuinely think he's funny?

"You're not funny." I mumbled rolling my eyes.

"Okay, then I wont help you, and I also won't give you your little book back." He chuckled and walked off.

My jaw dropped, I completely forgot about my book, and he bloody had it. I tried to chase after him, but he blatantly ignored me.

Seriously what a bitch. I'm just going to seek for someone else's help, and I'll be dam sure I get that book back.