19

Entering the paddock with Lando, his hand securely wrapped around my waist.

It's race day, and I haven't spoken to Charles since revealing that I'm 'dating' Lando.

I've been kind hoping he would come up to me and apologize for yelling, but he hasn't, so I think I'll have to step it up and pull on my big gurl pants.

"I'm going to talk to Charles," I mumble to Lando. He turns to look at me and nods, releasing his grip on me.

"I'll be in the garage." He then glances away for a moment, catching sight of the paparazzi.

Soon after, he leans in and places a kiss on my cheek. From the angle we're in, it honestly looks like we're kissing. Gosh, can't wait to see that photo up on Instagram.

"Bye." I whisper and part ways with Lando.

I walk through the paddock until I make it to the Ferrari hospitality, and I can spot Charles talking to Carlos.

I stroll in and reach the table where they're seated. Carlos quickly gets the memo and stands up, leaving us alone. I sit down slowly, now face to face with Charles.

"Charlie," I mumble, and he nods, acknowledging that he knew this conversation was coming.

"I just want to say that you need to grow up," I say, and his eyes widen, clearly not expecting this.

"Grow up!? What?" He cocks a brow and crosses his arms over his chest.

"I'm happy with Lando, and you yelled at me for no reason and brought people into our argument that were not needed," the lie tastes bitter on my tongue. In fact, I'm not happy at all. I want this fake relationship to end honestly.

He remains silent so I try again.

"I just want you to understand I'm okay now, I'm healing from Liam, and Lando is helping me with that. We're both in a pretty healthy relationship," another lie. I'm certainly not healing from Liam, and Lando is definitely not helping me with it, he has no clue.

"I'm sorry," he says quietly and looks down at his feet.

"I was just worried for you, Stel. You don't understand how much I care about you. No matter what happens, I'll always be overprotective of you because you're my little sister," he says softly and grabs ahold of my hand.

"Do you really think he makes you happy? That Lando is the one?" he mumbles. It takes a while for me to nod, I hate lying to Charles.

"Mhm," I murmur. He doesn't take long before he reaches over the table and embraces me in a hug.

"Stella, you have a fragile heart. If he does anything, even the smallest thing that makes you upset, you will be heartbroken because I know you, Stella, and you get heartbroken easily," he says, letting go of me and leaning back in his chair.

"I know, Charlie," I smile a little.

I'm so glad I've fixed thing with Charles, it feels like a weight lifted off my shoulders.

|~~~~~|

I gaze up at Lando as he emerges from his car, standing on the halo and waving his hands around.

He secured another victory, with Charles coming in second. If Charles had pushed a bit more, victory could have been his.

Yet, I have to play my part and put on a show, celebrating for Lando.

He jumps off the halo and rushes over to the McLaren team, receiving enthusiastic pats on the back and cheers from them.

Once the celebration dies down a tad, he then searches through the crowd of papaya in search of someone.

And that's when he locks eyes with me. Was he looking for me?

He then leans in to me and flicks his visor up. "Congrats." I mumble to him. He nods, but there's a stillness in the air.

What else does he want me to do? Hug him? Shake hands? I'm unsure about the appropriate response.

In the midst of the awkwardness, I decide to move forward and lean in. The crowd is watching, and I'm pretty sure we're on television right now.

I bring my hands to the side of his helmet, draw him closer, and plant a kiss on his helmet.

That's the closest thing he's getting to a kiss. And that's how far I'll go.

After I pull away, I see a sparkle in his eyes, and he pulls me in for a hug. This is probably the closes we have ever gotten.

"Thank you, Angel," he whispers in my ear and lets go of me, rushing away to take his helmet off.

Well, that's a change. Never thought I'd be seeing myself kissing a helmet.