22

Stella's POV

"Where are you taking me!" I chuckle as Lando has his hands covering my eyes.

Yesterday, we returned to Monaco and will be departing for China in a few days.

Yet, Lando wanted to surprise me with something, which is quite unusual because we're not typically nice to each other, and I'm not a fan of surprises.

"It's a secret," Lando says softly, then instructs me to step up.

As I continue walking, the enticing aroma of food fills the air. Not only does it smell amazing, but I have a feeling it's going to taste just as good.

"Whatever this is, it smells amazing," I say with a smile as we come to a sudden halt.

His hands gently leave my face, and I flutter my eyes open.

"Oh my gosh!" I exclaim, covering my mouth in shock.

We find ourselves on Lando's boat, surrounded by plates adorned with various types of food. Alongside the plates, pens and pencils are neatly arranged on both sides. And the view is simply breathtaking.

The evening sun is setting, casting a beautiful display of colors, did Lando do this all for me?

"I thought you deserved something for being such a great fake girlfriend," he giggles. "So, I put together a little setup. You can write, and I can draw while we enjoy the sunset with some food," he says, smiling at me and gesturing towards the spread.

My heart warms, and I feel like melting to the floor. No one has ever done something like this for me before, not even Liam.

"Thank you Lan." I say softly and approach the seating area.

Carefully sitting down, I place my writing book on the surface. Lando insisted on bringing it, and now I understand why.

Looking at the food, a wave of nausea passes through me. How am I supposed to eat all this? There are over twenty different meals, and I can't even finish one meal normally.

"You're not normally the surprise type of person, why all this?" I smile up at Lando, who's already digging into some chicken.

He swallows. "I told you, you're doing great at being a fake girlfriend, you deserve a gift." He shrugs, then pulls out his own book filled with his unknown drawings.

"That can't be the real reason, you're never this nice," I say, realizing I should probably just enjoy the moment, but my curiosity pushes me to figure it out.

He takes a deep breath. "I just feel bad. You can't find real love because I'm keeping you away from it. You can't be in love because you're faking it with me. So, I just think you deserve this," he admits, looking down and fidgeting with his hands.

"Oh," I say softly and smile. If only he knew, he's doing me a favour. He's keeping mee away from Liam. With Lando by my side, Liam wouldn't dare come looking for me.

"It's okay, Lando," I say, grabbing onto his arm across the table. "I'm not ready for another real relationship right now, so this is all just fun, you know." I chuckle and squeeze his arm, reassuring him that he doesn't need to feel bad.

I've never seen Lando act like this before.

"Yeah, just fun," he nods, looking into my eyes. I feel my body tense as he continues to gaze at me with those darn captivating green and blue eyes.

"Okay, well, anyways," I break the silence, shifting my attention to the food. I quickly grab the first thing I see and pop it into my mouth.

I'm not real sure what I just ate but to be honest it tasted nice.

"Let's just enjoy the sunset now," I suggest, smiling and turning my attention to the beautiful view in the distance.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" I giggle. "It is," he answers. I turn to look at Lando, who's not even looking. He quickly looks away and shifts his gaze to the sky.

"You weren't even looking!" I chuckle. "Well, the view I was looking at looked beautiful," he shrugs with a playful smile.

"What was that?" I turn my full attention to him and smirk, curious about his response.

"The food, of course," he points at it, grabbing a skewer with various meats and starting to eat.

I chuckle and grab a pen. I hadn't planned on writing this week, but it seems like the best time to do it now. The view is inspiring, and I feel motivated.

I start writing away while Lando draws. He glances up at me a couple of times and then back to his drawing.

Perhaps, since he's in a good mood today, he'll let me see his drawings.

"Can I see th—" I start to ask quickly but get cut off.

"No."

"I really thought that was going to work!" I shake my head in disappointment.

"I'll make you a deal," he looks up at me, smirking.

I nod enthusiastically. I hate making deals, but if it means I can see Lando's drawings, then absolutely.

"You get to see what I draw when I fall in love with you. And we all know that won't happen," he chuckles, and I furrow my brows, processing his unexpected statement.

"Well, no shit!" I cross my arms over my chest. That's basically impossible! Lando won't fall in love with me!

"So no deal, great. The drawings will stay private forever," he says, returning to his doodling.

"I'll figure out how to see them one day, trust me," I declare. The boat erupts into laughter as we both go back to our own thing.

I'm so glad I accepted this offer when Lando told me about it. This surprise turned out to be one of the best I've had in a long time.

|~~~~~|
A.N- WAHOO!!! This is honestly my favourite chapter so far. Why. Because they're so cute!