Eighty-Five | Same Thing

It's almost like rubbing salt in a wound.

That's how it feels to see her.

To recall it all.

Not just how she left me.

But the good memories too.

The beautiful memories we made together before it was all ruined.

And not by me.

Which somehow makes it worse.

Because I never got a say in it.

I never got the choice of choosing her.

Or choosing us.

And now it's too late.

Now everything has been burned to the ground and there's nothing around to help build it back up.

- Azzy

Chapter Eighty-Five: Same Thing

"So how do you feel?"

I hummed clipping in my pearl earrings, "Good, really good," I told Antonio, now adjusting the short floral dress that I wore.

Antonio hummed as he combed a hair oil through my dark hair pulled into a high ponytail, "So you're happy that everything is over?" he clarified.

I didn't hesitate to nod, "Yes, Elle's karma was long overdue," I determined, pulling a few dark strands out to frame my face.

Antonio gave me a deadpan look, "Not Elle," he said blankly, "I'm talking about Ren."

I halted my actions for a few moments.

A very short few moments.

Until I unconsciously nodded, "Yes," I whispered, clearing my throat slightly, "I'm happy that it's over."

Antonio only hummed in agreement, but the look on his face revealed that he had so much more to say.

"What is it?" I questioned as we began walking out of the bathroom.

Antonio only shook his head, "Nothing," he said as I slid my heels on.

I raised a brow, "It's something," I determined.

But Antonio only shook his head, "You don't want to be late to breakfast—your parents just got in this morning," he reminded me.

Which earned an inevitable sigh from me, "Fine, but we'll finish this conversation later," I told him as we walked to the door of my hotel room.

"Oh trust me, we will," Antonio said, smiling slightly as he opened the door for me.

And as we walked down the long hallway toward the elevator, I found myself glancing around for a particular person.

One that also seemed to be staying on this floor.

I felt the need to be prepared if I did run into her.