Six | Overnight Metamorphosis

It was a warm summer afternoon, and the palace gardens were in full bloom.

I recalled the impulsive decision to sneak out of one of my lessons, eager to explore the hidden corners of the castle grounds.

As I wandered deeper into the beauty of hedges and flowers, I stumbled upon a secluded fountain tucked away in a shaded corner.

Mesmerized by the gentle trickle of water and the dappling sunlight filtering through the leaves, I lost track of time as I sat beside the fountain, lost in my own thoughts.

What I hadn't realized was that the palace staff had been searching for me for hours, growing increasingly frantic as they combed the gardens.

Just as I was about to make my way back to the palace, I heard the sound of footsteps approaching.

Panicked, I ducked behind the fountain, heart pounding in my chest.

It was the head of the palace staff, accompanied by several guards, calling out my name in alarm.

At that moment, I knew I had to act fast. With a quick glance around, I spotted a narrow passage hidden behind a tangle of vines.

With a burst of adrenaline, I darted into the passage, praying it would lead me somewhere away from being caught skipping my lessons.

As I navigated the winding path, my heart racing with each step, I heard the voices of the palace staff growing fainter behind me.

It was a close call, but I had managed to evade being caught, slipping away into the shadows just as they rounded the corner.

When I made it back from my long adventure in the gardens, I used the bathroom excuse, which worked in my favor, but I knew the excuse was valid only one time.

A part of me longs for the exhilarating adrenaline rush of risky situations, while another part dreads the anxiety and fear of getting caught.

However, I'm starting to realize that you can't experience one without the other.

- Azzy

Chapter Six: Overnight Metamorphosis

I awoke to the soft glow of sunlight filtering in through the tall glass walls, my eyelids heavy with sleep.

Blinking groggily, I sat up in the large bed that I had no recollection of slipping into.

Within seconds, the events of the previous night slowly came back to me in fragments, easily waking up my tired brain.

I recalled Ren's business call and deciding I would rest my eyes...

My face grew hot in embarrassment, realizing I had fallen asleep.

Had she carried me to her bed?

Glancing around once more, I wondered if this was her bedroom.

I dismissed my own thoughts, realizing it was likely her room.