Chapter XXXIX

Nino Falcone

I stayed with Remo all night, ensuring there were no emergencies

I stayed with Remo all night, ensuring there were no emergencies. This morning, after I showered and changed, I found Hope sleeping peacefully on my bed, some of her clothes still scattered around. She looked serene, but there were dark circles under her eyes, indicating she hadn't slept well in ages. After tidying up her clothes and making sure she was comfortable, I went back to Remo's room and waited for him to wake up, losing track of time until Hope brought lunch for me.

As we sat together, she mentioned heading downstairs, joking that Remo probably wouldn't want to see her face first thing after waking up. She also noted that Serafina might need help feeding the kids. Her voice was a pleasure to hear.

"I better head back down. I don't think Remo would want to see my face, first thing after he wakes up. Besides, I think Serafina will need help feeding the kids," she said with a chuckle.

"Alright, but I plan on telling my brothers everything once Remo's up. I don't want to keep what we are a secret."

"But what exactly are we, Nino? Are you really sure you want someone like me? You don't even know everything about me," she said, avoiding eye contact with me.

I gently lifted her chin so our eyes met. "Then you can tell me whenever you're ready."

"But what if you don't like what I say?"

"Nothing you ever tell me will make me hate you," I reassured her, pressing my lips against hers gently before letting her go back to help Serafina.

It wasn't until evening when Remo finally regained consciousness.

"Serafina actually saved me. I never saw that as a possibility when I went there. I thought she'd be the one to kill me," Remo spoke, his voice breaking due to lack of use.

"She did it for her kids," I replied, pausing for a moment before continuing. "I have to tell you and the others something very important. I'll go gather the rest and be right back."

I gathered everyone in Remo's room before speaking. "I have a few things to clarify about my time as a captive on Bleakstorm Island," I began, taking a deep breath. Hope looked serious yet worried, while Serafina tried but failed to hide her smirk. "I wasn't actually treated badly or anything. Hope and I actually got along."

"You don't have to defend her just because she's with Serafina now, Nino," Savio said, his brows furrowed in suspicion.

Knowing they wouldn't believe me, I pulled Hope close and kissed her passionately, surprising everyone in the room, including Hope. When I pulled away, I said firmly, "I'm not defending her. She's my woman, and none of you will hurt her. She's family."

There were equally startled looks all around, except from Remo, who smirked. "I kinda saw that coming. That's one of the reasons she's not dead yet," he said, chuckling. "In all the time I've spent with Nino, he's never complimented anyone. But he complimented Hope on her fighting skills."

Hope folded her arms in front of her confidently. "It's a well-deserved compliment. I can totally kick all your asses."

Remo laughed. "I'm challenging you to a spar once I'm out of bed."

"Bring it on!" Hope smirked. If I had known these two would get along, I'd have brought her home ages ago. Savio still seemed annoyed.

Hope approached Savio slowly. She pulled out her phone and showed it to him. "You know, I found a guy who looks exactly like you." she said. Savio took the phone from her, watching the video she showed him.

"Look at the car window. You'll see him." Hope said keeping a disturbingly straight face. I knew instantly she was upto something but I let her go through with it because she wouldn't do anything to hurt him. Savio on the other hand didn't sense anything and brought the phone closer to get a better look.

Suddenly, there was an ear-piercing scream, and Savio flinched, dropping the phone. Hope caught it and burst out laughing, dodging Savio's attempt to grab her as she hid behind me, still laughing. Adamo and Serafina joined in, while Remo chuckled. Savio glared at her.

"You should've seen that coming; it was obvious. Hope's a master prankster. Her usual victim is her brother. Looks like you're the victim this time." Serafina said once the laughter died down.

"You're an idiot, Savio." Adamo said, leaning against the door frame.

Savio stormed out of the room. I saw that coming. I knew about Hope's playful side from the two months we spent together. I hoped to spend eternity with her, but first, I needed to tell her what's been on the tip of my tongue since I saw her get out of the car.