Chapter IV

Hope Emily Nightingale

I left early the next day to the business meeting so I could make it to the wedding on time

"Can we seal the deal then?" the business man asked.

"Of course! If you'll excuse me, I have a wedding to attend. I hope you'll reach out to me or my brother once the contract is drawn up."

As I was driving toward the wedding hall, I received a call from Samuel Mione. That's strange; he usually never calls me. In fact, I'm surprised he even has my number. I wonder why he's calling. Well, it can't hurt to answer, right?

"Please tell me you didn't have anything do do with the fucking kidnapping."

"What are you talking about? What kidnapping?"

"My sister's."

"What the fuck! I thought she was already at the wedding hall. Do you have any idea who did it?"

"The Las Vegas mafia. The Camorra Capo himself. There was no way we could fight him off."

"Where did the kidnapping occur? And, more importantly, how could this happen under your watch? Nonetheless, send me the address, I'll head there immediately."

I didn't wait for his reply; I hung up. He texted me the location, and I immediately steered my car toward it, speeding up. This couldn't be good. I had to take action. And I had to do it alone because I doubted I'd receive any help from Serafina's family; they'd likely try to keep me out.

When I reached the location, it was isolated. It seemed like they hadn't bothered to search for any evidence here. I patrolled the area but came up empty-handed, except for her white wedding heels. Additionally, I found some tire tracks a little over three kilometers from the kidnapping site. The tracks led to the main road, and then the trail disappeared.

On my way back to my car, I spotted a ring lying on the ground. I must've missed it the first time. I picked it up and noticed a carving of a skull embedded with a knife. This had to be the Camorra logo. I just hoped that by the time I found her, it wouldn't be too late.

I then drove to the hotel where her family was staying in Indianapolis. It was the first time in a long time that I was met by Fina's dad at the door. I requested to speak with him, and he led me to his office, asking me to take a seat.

"I'll get straight to the point. I understand your family might not be too fond of me. But Fina is like my baby sister, and I'll protect her at all costs. So, if you don't mind, could you please give me the location of the Camorra mansion?"

"Sure, I don't mind, but what do you plan on doing?"

"Nothing that'll endanger Fina. I just want to snoop around and get familiar with the layout."

"That's insanity. The Camorra are heavily guarded. Three bodyguards and Samuel were taken down just by Remo and their enforcer Fabiano."

"Trust me, I know what I'm doing. I've navigated a world far darker than the underworld mafia's."

He analyzed the situation but finally conceded, providing me with the addresses of major locations where the Falcones are frequently seen. I thanked him and left to figure out how to free Fina. Barging in to save her wasn't an option, so I had to find another way.

Next stop Las Vegas.