Chapter V

Nino Falcone

Remo had just escorted the girl into the room

Remo had just escorted the girl into the room. She wore a white off-shoulder gown and was barefoot. Remo stood in the center of the room, shirtless. I noticed a flicker of fear in Serafina's eyes when she saw us, but she quickly masked it. I had just finished stitching up a fresh wound on his left side, though blood still stained the surrounding area.

"Your twin almost got me there." Remo said with a dark laugh." But not enough to stop me from kidnapping you."

Remo introduced both me and Savio, who was also in the room. I doubted she needed any introduction for Fabiano, as they were childhood friends. Remo approached her closely, casting a predatory gaze her way, as if she were his prey.

"Serafina Cavallaro"

"Cavallaro is my uncle. My name is Serafina Mione."

"You're a true Cavallaro through and through. Weren't you supposed to be getting married today? Does that mean I've stolen your wedding night, or did you let him taste you before the big day?"

Remo was trying to get a reaction from her and he succeeded. Serafina realised that a little late.

"Ahh proud and cold like little old uncle Dante. Can't wait to destroy that pride."

"I'll take my pride to the grave."

I doubt she'll be able to think that way when she realises no one is going to save her. Las Vegas is well protected. No one can save her unless Remo wants her gone from here.

"I must admit, I was hoping your blonde friend would be in the car as well. I wanted to present her to Nino as a gift. As far as I know, she isn't affiliated with any of the families. I doubt Dante would object if Nino acquired her. Or Nino could even share her."

I vividly recall the mysterious blue eyes of the girl in the photo with Serafina. I was captivated, trying to decipher the story behind the emotions reflected in her gaze. My reverie was abruptly interrupted by the sharp sound of a slap, clearly that got a reaction from Serafina. Something within me also bristled at Remo's disrespectful tone when speaking of her.

"Her name is Hope, and she's not some whore. I couldn't care less about what the world thinks; she's the kindest soul once you get to know her. I believe she'll come to my rescue. She always does. Even before my family can."

I found her idea amusing. Did she genuinely believe that a fragile, petite girl could breach our defenses? It's the most ludicrous thing anyone could suggest. She's merely a girl. There's no conceivable way she could do anything other than warm her husband's bed. All women are the same. Weak.

Suddenly, there was a sharp knock on the door. Savio opened it to find Adamo, my youngest brother, standing there. He held a box in his hand and informed us that he found it on the table in the gaming room.

Savio opened it as remo and i walked over to him. Inside the box was  Remo's ring inside a tinier box full of something that looks like real blood but wasn't.

There was a note beside the tiny box written in elegant script.

It read.

Consider this a warning. Release Serafina immediately or the consequences will be severe. This is not a game. Next time real blood will be shed. Each of you will pay dearly for your actions.
                   Xoxo H.E.N.

"How on earth did someone breach the security of our mansion? It's meant to be the most secure place in all of Las Vegas," Remo seethed as he approached Serafina, his eyes ablaze with fury.

"Who the fuck is H.E.N?"

Serafina had a calm and collected smile on her face.

"Hope Emily Nightingale. The fragile little gift you intended for your brother. Consider this a fair warning: she's ruthless. And I'm quite certain breaking through your security was child's play for her."

No way. This was that girls doing? It has to be someone else. There was no other explanation.