Chapter IX

Nino Falcone

As I slowly regained consciousness, I found myself in an unfamiliar basement

As I slowly regained consciousness, I found myself in an unfamiliar basement. There, amidst a boxing ring, a punching bag, and various workout equipment, I realized I was seated on the floor with my hands chained to the wall, rendering movement impossible. It dawned on me that I was still clad in the same pants I hastily put on earlier.

Hope, that girl, didn't even touch me, yet I passed out. The last thing I remember is her holding me against the wall and then instructing me to put something on. After that, I'm pretty sure I lost consciousness. But it's baffling how she was standing a good five feet away from me when I lost consciousness.

As I was pondering an escape plan, I carefully surveyed my surroundings for any possible exits. My focus was interrupted when the door suddenly swung open.

On the other side of the door stood Hope, wearing a crop top and snug workout pants that accentuated her well-toned abs, suggesting a lifetime of fitness dedication. Beside her was a man, towering about 8 inches taller, shirtless. A strange sensation stirred in the pit of my stomach at first glance. Pushing it aside, I focused and soon recognized their identical hair, and mouths, indicating they must be related.

"Finally, you're awake. This is my brother, Dean. Oh, and no one is coming to help you. We're in a different country altogether, and you'll be stuck here until your psycho brother decides to let Fina go."

" How did you knock me out without touching me?"

For less than a second, something unrecognizable flickered in her eyes. Then, she shrugged it off, saying I must be delusional and that no one could do such a thing.

But I knew for a fact that she was hiding something. The same reason Serafina was confident Hope would find a way to get her out.

They moved towards the combat zone and engaged in hand-to-hand combat. I observed carefully, noting every detail for potential future use. Dean, muscular and relentless, repeatedly attacked Hope, but to no avail. She effortlessly evaded or blocked his strikes, showcasing remarkable speed and precision despite her appearance. It was difficult to match her agility. If I ever have the opportunity, I'd relish a chance to spar with her; she appears to be a formidable opponent. The battle raged on for a solid 20 minutes before they ceased.

Dean then moved on to the punching bag while Hope moved towards me.

" It's almost been a day since you ate. You'll be no use to me is you're dead. I'll order pizza for you."

She retrieved her phone from her pocket and began scrolling through it, presumably placing an order.

After she finished, she set the phone aside and left the room. I find it hard to believe that she maintained such a physique with just a 20-minute combat session with her brother. A few minutes later, she came back with a blanket and draped it over my upper body, then quietly headed to the treadmill to continue her workout.

Wow she has the nerve to wrap a blanket around me even though she's kept me chained to the wall.

After her workout, she approached me and pulled out her phone. She then removed the blanket, grabbed my chin, forcibly lifted my face, and took a picture.

" Hmm this will be a good image to send to your siblings. Dean can u get me pen and paper, I need to add a note to this picture."

" You don't wanna provoke him, cupcake"
I warned her, knowing Remo he'll want her dead for this.

"I'll make his life hell if he doesn't release Fina. A captive for a captive. It's a fair exchange."

I sigh heavily. She's incredibly stubborn. There's no chance she'll heed my words. Yet, that's one of the qualities I admire about her. She doesn't cower in my presence like other women. Instead, she confronts me without a trace of fear. It's inappropriate for me to entertain these thoughts. After all, she's my enemy and my captor.