Chapter XXXIV

Hope Emily Nightingale

A few days later, Fina's family and I were having dinner

A few days later, Fina's family and I were having dinner. Nevio and Greta were making a mess with their food as usual.

"They're sweet and all, but the way they eat is disgusting," Sofia, Fina's sister, expressed innocently.

I chuckled at her expression. I took the napkin from the table and wiped Nevio's hands and mouth while Serafina did the same for Greta. Serafina's father looked tense; he must be up to something.

As these thoughts swirled around in my head, Samuel walked in.

"We captured him," he said excitedly.

"Finally! Now he can pay for his and his family's sins," her father said with a grin.

Fina's mother looked cautious. Serafina asked the question that was on the tip of my tongue.

"Captured who?"

"We got Adamo Falcone. He will pay for his brother's sins just like you paid for ours, Fina."

"What? He's only fifteen. He's still a child for god's sake," I reacted instantly. How could they have kidnapped someone who's not even legally an adult?

"He's a Camorra made man. He's an adult in our books. He bears the tattoo of the Camorra."

Serafina's mother took the twins upstairs, knowing that this was going to turn nasty.

"We're going to torture him and post it on the darknet for Remo to see."

I was dumbstruck. How could they be so cruel? Serafina was at least eighteen; he was like a baby, only a little older than Sofia. Would they want something like this to happen to her?

"I'm coming along. After everything I've gone through, I deserve to be there," Serafina finally spoke up.

"If she's going, so am I. I'm not leaving her alone," I added.

"Stay out of this. You are not even family," Samuel growled.

"Actually, I'm glad I'm not part of your monstrous family. I don't even know how you're all related to Fina."

After some persuasion using my powers, they let us tag along. When we reached the 'torture chamber,' as I call it, Dante objected to our presence there. Of course, it didn't take long to convince him either.

Adamo was tied to a chair. He had a striking resemblance to Nino: dark hair, though not styled back, and the same tattoo on his hands. Once all the cameras were set up, they started the torture.

" Remo Falcone, we hope you enjoy the show." Samuel said before he started cutting Adamo all over. I knew from the way he held his blade that it must've hurt. If his screams weren't proof enough.

They got a lighter and started burning his Camorra tattoo. Adamo cried out in pure agony. I felt like throwing up. That was Nino's brother, a fifteen-year-old child. I can't just stand here and watch these people burn him.

I walked to where Samuel was burning Adamo and shoved him hard. Samuel stumbled back a few steps before glaring at me with all of his hatred. He raised his hand to hit me, but he was too slow like all other humans. I gripped his hand and twisted it behind his back with not much force because he was Fina's twin.

"Stop it! He is not Remo Falcone and I will not let you hurt him for his brother's stupidity. If you want to hurt him, you'll have to take me down first." My eyes turned a nasty shade of thunder-blue. Serafina also spoke up distracting then from the colour change of my eyes.

Serafina walked to Adamo, her back facing the camera, she called out his name, holding his face.
He gave her the most genuine smile. "Hi, Serafina." I turned to look at him. His eyes darted to mine.

"You must be Hope," he said, looking cautious.

"The one and only," I said, giving him a wink and a grin. He returned the smile. As soon as I turned back around to face Fina's family my face turned as cold as ice.

"Get out of the way, you traitor. How could you side with someone who raped Serafina?" Dante screamed, making Serafina flinch. However, I couldn't care less about his empty threats.

Before I could respond with some snarky comment, Fina spoke up.
"Enough! This cycle has to stop. I paid for your sins. I won't let him pay for his brother's."

Serafina's dad went and shut off the live. Almost immense Dante's phone started ringing. He pulled it out of his suit pocket.
"It's Remo. Looks like he watched our video."