Chapter XV

Nino Falcone

Hope left me alone in the basement so she could change into her training outfit

Hope left me alone in the basement so she could change into her training outfit. I wasn't being watched, presenting the perfect opportunity to attempt an escape. However, something within me resisted the urge to flee, though I couldn't quite comprehend why. Instead, I waited for her return, considering it might be a test of trust.

When she reappeared about five minutes later, she was dressed in a white crop top over her black sports bra and wearing distractingly short shorts.

We both entered the fighting ring, but suddenly, Hope gasped and grasped my forearm. Her eyes transitioned from their usual ocean blue to a bright electric blue. I was puzzled by what was happening. I called out to her several times, but she didn't respond. Carefully, I guided her to the floor and attempted to shake her back to reality to no avail. Holding onto both her hands, I debated whether I should fetch her brother, thinking he might know what to do.

As myriad thoughts swirled in my mind, Hope's gaze returned to the enigmatic ocean-blue depths of her eyes. She blinked a few times, her gaze momentarily flitting to our joined hands, yet she made no objection. After a few more minutes, she erupted into laughter.

This confused me further. But her laughter was contagious not to mention adorable. This is the first time her gaurd was completely down around me. I joined in with a chuckle of my own. I've never been less worried about everything going on around me as I was here.

"What's so funny? You seemed lost in thought for a good five minutes there."

As i asked her, her laughter got louder causing a genuine smile to appear on my face.

"Your brother... he managed to burn his Savio jr."

I burst into laughter at what she just said, but then it dawned on me. How did she know about something that happened at the Camorra mansion? She didn't even have any electronic devices on her, which ruled out the theory of hidden cameras.

" How do you know that?"

Her expression shifted, and I instantly sensed that she didn't trust me with the answer to that question.

" I was just in Fina's head. She threw a pot of boiling hot pumpkin soup at him. Remo had the same reaction as you."

She attempted to stifle her laughter in order to speak clearly, but she failed miserably.

Once she finally regained her composure, she stood up, and I instinctively released her hands. She then asked if I was still up for that spar.

I recognized her attempt to divert my attention from further interrogation, so I brushed it off and prepared myself for the fight.

Initially, I took it easy on her because she was a woman, but that proved to be a big mistake. She managed to land a couple of solid kicks and punches on me. Eventually, I stopped holding back, causing Hope to pick up her pace. She effortlessly dodged all of my attacks. On the bright side, she couldn't dodge and attack simultaneously, so neither of us sustained any damage.

In the end, we both realized that the fight was going nowhere, so we decided to stop. Hope laid down flat on her back, her arms stretched out on the cold basement floor.

" Could you please grab that bottle of water for me?"

I walked over to the table and grabbed a bottle of water for each of us. As I handed her the bottle, she drank half of it and then poured the rest over her head. The water streamed

I approached the table and retrieved a bottle of water for each of us. As I handed her the bottle, she drank half of it before tipping the remainder over her head. The water cascaded down her face and neck, causing her white crop top to become translucent, revealing her sports bra underneath. I struggled with the overwhelming temptation to strip away her clothes and explore her skin with my lips. To quiet my inner turmoil and suppress my intense desires, I averted my gaze. However, the tightness in my trousers persisted, prompting me to drink more water in an attempt to distract myself. Instead, it only fueled my longing, and all I could think about was turning back to admire her beauty once more.

" Nino are you okay? Don't tell me i actually managed to injure a Falcone brother. That would be a great---"

Unable to resist any longer, I seized her hand and pulled her into a sitting position before pressing my lips against hers. At first, she froze, her eyes widening in surprise, but then she kissed me back, thankfully. With a surge of desire, I intensified the kiss, my tongue delving into her mouth.

After a few more minutes of fervent kissing, I reluctantly pulled back, knowing that if I continued, I wouldn't be able to control myself. Hope appeared stunned at first, but then her cheeks flushed with heat, which was a good sign-I wanted to kiss her again.

" I need to process that." She muttered before running away from the basement like a deer running away from the lion. I smiled.

Even if we began something, it wasn't destined to end well because eventually, I'll be released, and my brother will be after her. There's no way he would accept her. However, for now, I set aside those thoughts, which was uncharacteristic for me. Typically, I worry about the future, but with her, I just wanted to live in the moment.