Chapter XXIX

Nino Falcone

As soon as we stepped onto our personal jet, Remo pulled me with a tight, brotherly hug

"Did that bitch cause any trouble?" he asked, his tone tinged with disdain.

Something stirred within me when Remo referred to her as "that bitch," but I kept my reaction in check.

"No, nothing like that. She didn't make it unpleasant; she just kept me confined to a bedroom most of the time. It was clear she only did it to protect Serafina," I explained.

The mention of Serafina seemed to darken Remo's expression. It was clearly a sensitive topic for him.

"I'm genuinely concerned about letting her go, especially since you cared for her deeply," I said, my worry evident. While I had formed a strong bond with Hope, I managed to keep my emotions in check. It wasn't the same for Remo, who often let his emotions dictate his actions.

"Are you sure you should let her go, especially if you cared for her so deeply?" I asked, genuinely concerned. While I had formed a strong bond with Hope, I managed to keep my emotions in check. It wasn't the same for Remo, who often let his emotions dictate his actions.

"I don't feel anything for her," he growled. "I'm just pissed and want to kill someone, especially Hope. I could've kept Serafina with me for some more time if she didn't get in the way by kidnapping you. By the way, how did a woman manage to kidnap you?"

"She's very fast. It happened before I could even contemplate what was going on."

Something in my demeanor must have given me away, because Remo narrowed his eyes at me.

"Why do you talk about her like you admire her or something?"

"I do admire how strong she is despite being a woman. When I fought her up in my room, I didn't even stand a chance. She had me cornered into the wall in no time."

Fabiano scoffed. "Hard to believe that this is the same girl who was too proud to play with the children of the outfit. I'll admit the five-year-old me had a huge crush on her."

I felt anger surge up in me. Hope was mine. Fabiano continued to speak, totally oblivious to my reaction. "I still remember her breaking the nose of a boy who touched her without her consent when she was ten."

I smirked. I'm so proud of her. I hope she breaks more than just the nose if someone else touches her now. Then it dawned on me. Maybe she'll give up on us. It'll be years before I can get my family to accept her. Maybe she'll find someone better and more deserving of her.

When the flight landed, I could see Savio and Adamo waiting for me. The minute I got off the jet, Savio, like Remo, pulled me into a hug. Adamo just stood there awkwardly, not used to hugging me. I went over and patted his shoulder. I saw the new Camorra tattoo on his hand.

"I might be a little late, but you are now officially made men of Camorra. Congratulations."

"I'm glad you're back, Nino," Adamo said with a light hit on my back.

"If I were ever to see that little vixen again, she's going to pay for kidnapping you," Savio said, anger evident in his voice.

"We kidnapped someone who was like a sister to her. We should've known there were going to be consequences. We just underestimated her because she was a woman. But unlike other women, she's got a fire in her," I said with as much neutral voice as I can. No one seemed to be suspicious. They just assumed it was logic talking, when really it wasn't. Something deep in me wanted to defend her, even if it was against my own family. I've never felt like this for anyone but my brothers.

"Well, we looked up 'Hope Emily Nightingale' online, and it turns out she's the queen of Bleakstorm Island. It's an island which falls within the continent of Europe. She's very popular and loved among her people," Savio said, looking into his iPad. "It seems she took over the throne when she was only eight years old after the mysterious death of her parents. Her brother, who was supposed to be the rightful heir, passed on the throne to his beloved younger sister, making himself her most trusted advisor. Their family mostly stays private and only attends important events. Hope has also taken up the role as 'Supreme Commander of all armed forces'. She went through a three-year-long military training from age fifteen to eighteen. That would explain how she can fight so well."

There's quite a bit to digest here. I'm curious about the circumstances surrounding her parents' demise, especially considering the haunted expression she wore when discussing them. Additionally, I find it hard to believe that just three years of military training could account for her exceptional strength and abilities. The way she can seemingly access thoughts and incapacitate without physical contact raises even more questions. If we do cross paths again, I'd be keen to uncover the truth behind her extraordinary capabilities and share my own secrets with her in return.