Chapter XVIII

Hope Emily Nightingale

My face was completely flushed. I wouldn't have stopped if I knew for a fact that this would last, but it won't. I have to release Nino when Remo decides to release Fina. Besides, if what Nino said about him 'not feeling' is true, then this would never last. Because despite me not having a boyfriend yet, I do want someone who will love me for the rest of my life. Nino could never be that person.

I don't want to give away my virginity to a fling. I'm not planning to save it for marriage, but I want to give it to someone I want to spend the rest of my life with.

I walked into my brother's office. From the smirk he was giving me, I knew instantly that he had figured out what was going on with Nino.

"Did you finally sleep with him?"

His assumption stumped me. He, of all people, should know I'm waiting for the right person to lose my virginity to.

"Of course not!"

"Hope, how long are you going to pretend that this thing you two have is just a fling? The way you look at him and treat him is different from others. You've never given a man a second of your life. But with him, it's different. You know the risks, and yet you're willing to look past all that to spend time with him. Deep down, you know he's the one. You're just suppressing it."

"Dean, I think I'll know if I'm in love. This isn't even a relationship. This will end the minute I release him, and then I'll never see him again."

Just saying that seems so false. It's been about two weeks since I brought him here. I'm so used to him being around that I can't think of a time without him.

"Really? Are you sure you want to sever all ties with him?"

"Yes, Dean. I am."

Although my voice sounded confident, inwardly, I wasn't as sure. I provided Dean with the necessary information for the country's benefit, forwarded some emails, and returned to my office.

I immersed myself in work to avoid dwelling on Dean's words. There was some truth to what he said, but I didn't want to dwell on it. I was so busy that I completely lost track of time.

A knock on my office door interrupted my concentration. I invited the person in, and Nino entered, wearing a black turtleneck t-shirt and pants. I couldn't decide if Nino looked hotter in this attire or when he was shirtless.

I quickly recovered from my trance and decided to tease him to distract him from my reaction.

"Aww, did you miss me? I missed you too," I cooed, with a playful tone.

"No, it's lunchtime, and you didn't bring me food," he replied, giving me his signature smirk in response to my playful glare.

He walked over to me, closed the laptop, and pushed it aside. Then, he lifted me off the chair and placed me on the table, spreading my legs as he sat down between them. Slowly, he kissed my knee and moved upward to my upper thigh before tracing back down and kissing my other knee. God, he's such a tease.

He then looked up at me and grinned.

"Don't think I didn't notice the way you were checking me out with those beautiful, mysterious eyes of yours," he said.

I blushed. Damn it, I thought I had distracted him from that. Then he leaned forward and kissed me there. I gasped. It was a simple touch of his lips over my underwear but that sent sparks through my body.

"That's just a sample of what's going to happen tonight. Don't be late. You'll have the best time of your life, Mia Regina," he whispered.

He gave me one last kiss on my lips before walking out, leaving me blushing and needy. Did he just call me his queen? Damn, he's so good at simulating emotions. If I don't get that into my thick skull, I might end up falling for a guy who will never love me.