Prologue

Nino Falcone.   

                 "I need to talk to you

"I need to talk to you." my brother, Remo said walking into the gaming room with a disturbingly pleased look.

Remo's expression hinted at mischief as we received the ordered pizza. Savio, another one of my brothers, and Fabiano, our enforcer, were already seated when Remo walked in.

"I found a perfect way to get back at the outfit." He said with a predatory grin on his face.

"Go on." I offered him encouragement despite disliking the wide grin on his face.

"Dante is a man of logic, like you Nino. He will expect us to target him, or Scuderi, or one of the other men in his family. But I won’t do it because history has proven that there’s no better way to demoralize your enemy than to target the people they are supposed to protect.” he continued. "Their women.”

"Why involve innocent women in something they might not even be aware of?"

" They're just collateral damage in the process of taking down Dante and the outfit. Besides don't you want to extract revenge on your father?"

Remo harbored not just a sense of indifference towards women, but rather a deep-seated hatred, fueled by his belief in their inherent weakness. Conversely, I held neither a favorable nor unfavorable perception of women.

" Even so Dante will have put every possible protection in place to make sure we don’t get anywhere near his wife or their children.”
I said thinking the plan through logically.

Remo simply shrugged off whatever was bothering him and then casually pulled out his phone to show us a picture of a stunning blonde girl with blue eyes, who couldn't have been older than 20. Another girl, with mysterious ocean-blue eyes and lush blonde hair, hugged her from behind. There was something about her that exuded a mature vibe, despite not appearing any older than the first girl.

I glanced away from my phone only to notice Fabiano's pale complexion. I was about to ask him if he knew them, but Savio beat me to the question.

"That's Serafina Mione. We used to play together as kids." Fabiano explained. "I personally don't know the other girl, but she's often seen with Serafina and has even earned the title of her best friend. She's always watching Serafina's back. Even as a kid, she had a mysterious vibe; she never spoke or played with any of us, she just sat on a swing, always reading something."

" What's your plan" Fabiano asked.

Remo declared with a glint in his eyes, "She intends to marry an underboss on the 1st of August. I intend to disrupt that wedding."

" That's a suicide mission. We might get in but there's no way we can get out." Savio exclaimed.

"I plan to strike the day before the wedding while the bride-to-be is with the women in Indianapolis and the men are having the bachelor party; it's the perfect opportunity. Who knows, maybe I can also kidnap the other girl in the picture with Serafina. You seemed more fixated on her picture than Serafina's."

I rolled my eyes. If he thinks I'd be interested in a woman like that, he doesn't know me well. I just need women to satisfy my needs, nothing more. Love and adoration are feelings I don't experience.

"I have a better idea." I spoke up. "On the day of the wedding, Serafina, her mother, and perhaps two bodyguards will accompany her to the church. It'll be easier to execute the attack and escape unnoticed there compared to a hotel, which may or may not have adequate security."

" Nino you're a fucking genius! The girl will already be in her wedding dress. We will steal a bride from under their noses, right before her wedding night. No better symbol than that." Remo exclaimed "That's exactly what we'll do. The outfit won't even see this coming."

" If we mess with outfit women they will take the war to a whole new level." Fabiano warned.

"I hope they do."

Despite Remo being in an exceptionally good mood, I had a very, very bad feeling about this.