𝘍𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘺 𝘳𝘦𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘰𝘯

"Kaldur? W-what's-"

"Kaldur? W-what's-"

"Such behavior requires correction. Corrections made to Jefferson and Richard." Granny said as I fully woke.

Dick and Jeff woke up as well and made their way towards Granny while Wyynde still held me upright.

"Now... obey your Granny. My command is Darkseid's will. Teach your naughty friends a lesson."

"Can you fight?" Kaldur whispered. "You could barely stand when you found us."

"I can try, but the treatment makes me weak until I get used to my body being without the Venom." I shrugged, keeping an eye on Dick as he inched towards me. "But what choice do I have now?"

"We will assist as much as we can." Wyynde promised when I pulled out the crowbar.

"I'm sorry about this, Dick... but I need my bird back." I sighed and swung the crowbar at his ribcage.

Dick bared his teeth and made a move to hit me but stopped right before his fist could collide with my cheek. In that brief moment, Wyynde held down his arms while Kaldur did the same to Jeff.

"Why did he hesitate!?" Granny yelled just as my legs gave out and I fell to the floor, vomiting out a portion of the venom in the process.

"You brainwashed the wrong guy, Granny." I smirked and wiped my mouth. "My bird loves me too much to ever lay a hand on me like that."

"Ugh! You cannot be so easily defeated! Kill her, Richard!" She yelled. Dick managed to break free from Wyynde's hold and picked me up by the neck. "Kill her now!"

"Dick, don't do it!" Kaldur yelled as I scratched Dick's arms with barely any strength as his grip kept tightening. "Dick, you love her! You have saved her and she has saved you time and time again! You are stronger than this!"

Dick's eyes began to water as he frantically looked around and the grip on my neck started to get weaker, clearly trying to fight for control.

"It's okay, birdie... it's not your fault." I whispered and tried to take a breath. "You could never hurt me."

"M-Maeve..."

"It's okay." I assured with a small smile, but his pupils dilated again and the grip on my neck grew tighter.

Suddenly, a Boom Tube opened and Vic, Violet, Brion, and Gar appeared.

"Kaldur? Maeve!?" Gar exclaimed and was pushed aside by Will who landed a punch to Dick's jaw, finally releasing me.

"I've got you, Mae." Will assured and rubbed my back when I coughed and vomited again. "It's okay... I've got you."

"Dick... he's-"

"We'll take care of him. But we have to take care of you as well."

。゚•┈୨🃏୧┈• 。゚